SUZUKI 1983 GS850L

TC47
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male

SUZUKI 1983 GS850L

#1 Unread post by TC47 »

I own a 1983 SUZUKI GS850L and would like to replace the exhaust headers and muflers. Can anyone tell me where I might find an exhaust system that will fit on that Bike. It is a 4 cylinder-- 4 into 2 exhaust. I do not want to replace the 4 into 2 with a 4 into 1. The pipes that are on now are not rotted but they are very blue and have very small pit marks in the chrome. The rest of the Bike is cherry, so I would like to spruce up the exhaust system. I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Tony
TC

insaneman_12
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 25
My Motorcycle: Motorcycle

#2 Unread post by insaneman_12 »

71 CB 750 K1
94 PC 800
76 CB 550 K
75 TS 185
76 TC 185
63 YSA-1
06 YZ 450F
84 XL 350R
02 KX 85 with 75 XR 75 motor XR 200 sus.

froldt
Veteran
Veteran

#3 Unread post by froldt »

I've got an '82 GS750T. I just ordered some parts from Z1 Enterprises for her. One of the items was a new chain. I called their tech support, told Robert what I was doing, and he called me back about 30 minutes later with the size chain that I would need.
I believe they will have what you need.

Also, if you have not yet been there, I have found loads of useful information over on theGSresources.com.

Other than that, I'm afraid that I'm not going to be any help just yet. Fortunately my headers/muffler are in good shape, and I don't plan on having to find any for awhile. -crosses fingers-
Good luck in your search!

borchnicerice
Rookie
Rookie

headers

#4 Unread post by borchnicerice »

I purchaseed my Vance & Hines header from Dennis Kirk, but there are several suppliers out there. Shouldn't be to hard to find. Good Luck!
1983 GS750T NICE RICE
see pics on www.bikepics.com/members/borchnicerice/ http://photobucket.com/albums/e294/borchnicerice/

ericzx7
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by ericzx7 »

froldt wrote:I've got an '82 GS750T. I just ordered some parts from Z1 Enterprises for her. One of the items was a new chain. I called their tech support, told Robert what I was doing, and he called me back about 30 minutes later with the size chain that I would need.
I believe they will have what you need.

Also, if you have not yet been there, I have found loads of useful information over on theGSresources.com.

Other than that, I'm afraid that I'm not going to be any help just yet. Fortunately my headers/muffler are in good shape, and I don't plan on having to find any for awhile. -crosses fingers-
Good luck in your search!
theGSresources.com !!!! I agree. I am working on a 85 GS700E at the moment , and recieved ALOT of help from the guys there.[/img]