Modified pipes for louder sound???

rkikenda
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Modified pipes for louder sound???

#1 Unread post by rkikenda »

I bought a 2006 Suzuki Blvd C50 a few months ago and was wanting to modify the exhaust in order to make the sound louder. I've heard there are ways to do it and it would involve buying new pipes and then changing out a chip in the Electronic Fuel Injection System. I was wanting to find out what kind of pipes I can use on my bike and where to get this mystery chip. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

aw58
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
My Motorcycle: 1997 kawasaki vn1500 d2 classic

#2 Unread post by aw58 »

Look up a manufacturer - like Vance and Hines and speak to their technical dept. they let you know what is available - if you haven't already found out since this post.

Ade
If you can see the tops of the mountain's it's going to rain.
If you can't - it's raining.
All Characters and events here are allegedly fictitious...Any resemblance with either dead or living is purely co-incidental
And don't ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly

crazypj
Elite
Elite

#3 Unread post by crazypj »

Hi Ade,
The C50 is fuel injected, you'll want a power commander to keep fuel/air ratio's correct and prevent engine damage.
Be warned, the ECU is going to save any modifications you make in memory (Suzuki have been doing it since 2004)
I've seen a demonstration of the system, its going o make a techs life easier.
2008 all Suzuki dealers are required to have SDS (Suzuki diagnostic systems) which can download at least the last 30 mins of engine run time. I don't know yet how much data is logged from systems monitored by ECU (although with the low price of flash memory they could probably save 200,000 miles worth)
There are no plans as yet to use it to allow or deny warranty issues but it will allow dealer to tell you exactly what you did if there is a failure.
BMW have ben using similar system for a few years and can tell you how long the wheelie you did, the gear and engine RPM (and I'm pretty sure all the other manufacturers are doing similar things)
The automotive OBD-II has been used to prove guilt in at least one case when a fatal accident occured ( its similar but not the same)

PJ
I'm not a complete idiot, but I'm working on it
There are three types of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't