changing motors

ja9
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

changing motors

#1 Unread post by ja9 »

Does anyone know if i can put a kz125 motor in ake 100 bike?

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#2 Unread post by BuzZz »

Short answer..... no.

But first, what is a KZ125? I googled it and got some small Asian bike factory making new bikes from old Japanese blueprints. Origin of that bike's engine is unknown at this time, but chances are since it's a fourstroke, it won't bolt in.

Did you mean a KX125? Since it is a Kawasaki like the KE100, I think maybe you did. That really won't bolt into a KE frame.

You can put almost any engine into almost any bike if you modify them enough, the exhaust from a KX will be a Muther to modify to fit a KE.....

If you are looking for a bolt-in motor for a KE, find a good KE engine. Anything else will be more work to fit than the result will be worth. The KE chassis was a dog 30 years ago, barely able to hold the power of it's original, gutless piston port engine. Anything with more power would twist that poor KE into a wobbly knot.

Nothing wrong with the bike, as it was intended, but it was intended as a smallbore, dual purpose runabout, nothing more.
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

ja9
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by ja9 »

Thanks for the info ,i guess it was a kx. now i'm looking for a motor if any one knows of one please let me know Thanks