Guess this car

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: Guess this car

#61 Unread post by ceemes »

Always ask why.

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#62 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

it;s the one car people confuse with a Delorean --- a Bricklin.

funny how one remembers these things. as for being stumped on the other car, i'd say it's more like bored... so i dont put much energy into digging them up... but they are nice cars to look at for sure. i dont care much unless i am looking to buy them... although it is sometimes interesting to know the mechanical details and history behind them as much as seeing the body designs.
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#63 Unread post by ceemes »

Too many damned Canadians on this forum. I was hoping to see a bunch of Delorean or Lotus guesses. :lol: :lol:

But you are correct sir, your turn to post.
Always ask why.

Kingshead
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 100
My Motorcycle: 1999 Honda Shadow VT1100C2 A.C.E.

#64 Unread post by Kingshead »

Many people mistake this for a Bricklin.

Martin

Welcome to the Horde!!!

1999 Honda Shadow VT1100C2 A.C.E.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#65 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Kingshead wrote:Many people mistake this for a Bricklin.

Martin

I don't know if it is the color or the style, but I really like that car!! Is that REALLY a SAAB??

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Kingshead
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#66 Unread post by Kingshead »

Yes, it's called a Saab Sonett series III, below are the series I and II. The car was front wheel drive with a V4 engine, true dual exhaust, and a free wheeling transmission, this means the engine didn't act as a brake when letting off the gas and greatly improved mpg. Test drove the series III many years ago, it had a manual lever to lock up the transmission for use here in this country as the free wheeling design was thought to be dangerous. The series III had Recaro seats as standard fitment from the factory.

Martin

ImageImage
Welcome to the Horde!!!

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#67 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

Yep that orange/black combo and western wheels really suit the Sonnet III. It has a nice blend of looks from the late 60s and early 70s. A friend mechanic/tuner/engineer friend had rebuilt a really nice Datsun 240Z done up in a similar orange about 5 or 10 years ago. The series I Sonnet reminds me of the Porsche 550 which is one of my faves for a basic sports roadster.

Sorry to get that Bricklin... it's jus one of those things... i kinda went "Deloren... nah... too easy... what's the trick here? and the Bricklin came instantly to mind because of the paint (rather than - stainless) and those turbine wheels, and the not angular enough shape. I didnt even google to double check, just threw it out there, which is more fun.

anyway, here's a car to consider... suitable for a Spaceman Spiff cartoon...
Attachments
Spiffy-car.jpg
Spiffy-car.jpg (46.39 KiB) Viewed 11834 times
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

Kingshead
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#68 Unread post by Kingshead »

QuietMonkey wrote:Yep that orange/black combo and western wheels really suit the Sonnet III. It has a nice blend of looks from the late 60s and early 70s. A friend mechanic/tuner/engineer friend had rebuilt a really nice Datsun 240Z done up in a similar orange about 5 or 10 years ago. The series I Sonnet reminds me of the Porsche 550 which is one of my faves for a basic sports roadster.

Sorry to get that Bricklin... it's jus one of those things... i kinda went "Deloren... nah... too easy... what's the trick here? and the Bricklin came instantly to mind because of the paint (rather than - stainless) and those turbine wheels, and the not angular enough shape. I didnt even google to double check, just threw it out there, which is more fun.

anyway, here's a car to consider... suitable for a Spaceman Spiff cartoon...
Doesn't fit the criteria of fully functional production car available to he public.

Martin
Welcome to the Horde!!!

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#69 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

so... "So your saying we must first agree.." that you know "ahead of time what I might think is cool and decide for me..." :angry:

:lol:

chuckle, snicker...

ok let's try this to fit the prodi rules... a McLaren F1 or Bugatti Veyron fit the rules because it's available to the public at $1,000,000+... hmmm...

here's a car to fit the rules...
Attachments
spiffy-prodi-car.jpg
spiffy-prodi-car.jpg (31.09 KiB) Viewed 11818 times

Kingshead
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#70 Unread post by Kingshead »

Lamborghini Silhouette, decended from the Urraco, and very similar to the Jalpa.

Martin

My next entry.
Welcome to the Horde!!!