jeffo
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: 2002 buell x1 lightning

2002 Buell x1 lightning

#1 Unread post by jeffo »

I have puchased a 2002 buell x1 lightning. It is in perfect shape.(like new) It has a BUELL PRO SERIES exhaust and off road use only box under the seat,also after market intake etc? I previously owned a 2000 ZX12R NINJA, so this BUELL Harley Davidson stuff is totally new to me. My brothers own big Harley cruisers and rode my new BUELL and said it's faster than anything they ever rode besides my NINJA ZX12R. Can any one tell me about Pro Series stuff(BUELL)? I have already removed the BUELL graphics and added DUCATI stripes, lowered the headlight and fairing, and replaced the handle bars with lower PROTAPER alluminum bars. I do like this bike, it's a differant world than my ZX12R NINJA. thanks for any help I can get with BUELL info. Jeffo, Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

Re: 2002 Buell x1 lightning

#2 Unread post by Johnj »

:D
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Hi Jeff, welcome to the TMW motorcycle community. :D

Sounds like that bike is pimped out pretty seriously! How about a photo of it?

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#4 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/cgibin/ ... ?pg=topics
http://www.buellxb.com/
We are pretty Buell insane!!! in NJ
http://www.njbuellowners.com/forum/index.php
Sorry I didn't see this sooner Best of luck with the Tuber they are truly ART!!!!!
Off road use is a race ECM BTW but you probably know that by now. also racetek I believe, is a good way to go when the shock goes. The X1 is the best looking Buell IMO
there aint nothin like it