stunami
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 45
My Motorcycle: HONDA CRF100F

SUSPENSION MOD

#1 Unread post by stunami »

I have a Honda 2006 Honda crf100f and am trying too change the coil over spring to a bbr heavy duty. anybody know how to remove the old spring ? :?

stunami
Rookie
Rookie

Re: SUSPENSION MOD

#2 Unread post by stunami »

"The 2004 and later CRF100F got a slightly different shock. The spring collar was welded in place on these. We do not recommend our spring for these newer shocks. That said, some enterprising customers have made it work (by unscrewing the shock eye end from the shaft and using a hydraulic press with some home-made tools). We won't do it and don't expect customers to do it. That is why the listing is for only through 2003 models."

The best options for these newer models is to try to find an older model shock or purchase the Works Performance (http://worksperformance.com/) after-market shock. Sorry!

Chris Brown
BBR Motorsports
Toll Free: (888) 668-6227
www.bbrmotorsports.com

stunami
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by stunami »

[quote="CHRIS BROWN"The 2004 and later CRF100F got a slightly different shock. The spring collar was welded in place on these. We do not recommend our spring for these newer shocks. That said, some enterprising customers have made it work (by unscrewing the shock eye end from the shaft and using a hydraulic press with some home-made tools). We won't do it and don't expect customers to do it. That is why the listing is for only through 2003 models."

The best options for these newer models is to try to find an older model shock or purchase the Works Performance (http://worksperformance.com/) after-market shock. Sorry!

Chris Brown
BBR Motorsports
Toll Free: (888) 668-6227
www.bbrmotorsports.com[/quote]
[quote][/quote]

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#4 Unread post by ceemes »

The best way to suspend a mod is using a stout rope tied in a noose at one end and the other end secured to a strong beam......oh wait, you are talking about motorbike suspension.....never mind. :D
Always ask why.