2007 Honda VT750C2 (Shadow Spirit) Cable lengths

jadoiron
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 2007 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2

2007 Honda VT750C2 (Shadow Spirit) Cable lengths

#1 Unread post by jadoiron »

I know this is likely a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone here has ever attempted to swap the stock handlebars on an '07 VT750C2 out for a set of ape hangers (Specifically, 14 inch ones).
Right now it's in a shed (protected) in the middle of a Canadian Winter with the door frozen shut, and I'm trying to figure out if I should plan on having to get longer cables for the throttle, clutch, front brake...

Wondering if anyone has ever done this swap, or a similar one, and if the stock cables were long enough.

Thanks all!

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

Re: 2007 Honda VT750C2 (Shadow Spirit) Cable lengths

#2 Unread post by Gummiente »

You will most definitely need longer cables and wire extensions if you plan on installing apehangers. If you're open to other options, a set of 4" pullback risers using the stock handlebars can usually be installed without changing cables and is a good alternative to apehangers. Where in Canada are you?
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

jadoiron
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by jadoiron »

Gummiente wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:31 am You will most definitely need longer cables and wire extensions if you plan on installing apehangers. If you're open to other options, a set of 4" pullback risers using the stock handlebars can usually be installed without changing cables and is a good alternative to apehangers. Where in Canada are you?
That seems to be the common answer. I guess I'll look into getting that done then. I don't know if I'd be quite up to the task myself, but will track down a kit at least. Might just bite the bullet and let the dealer do it. $$$
I'm in Prince Edward Island.

jadoiron
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by jadoiron »

I guess the second part of my question would be exactly what kit(s) I need to purchase to do this. There are so many options out there and different lengths. Maybe I'm in over my head...

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#5 Unread post by Gummiente »

Go to www.partscanada.com, scroll down to "Learn More", select "Catalogs", then select the "Street" catalog. There's a section in there on handlebars and risers, some of it is bike make and model specific.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

jadoiron
Rookie
Rookie

#6 Unread post by jadoiron »

Gummiente wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:31 am Go to www.partscanada.com, scroll down to "Learn More", select "Catalogs", then select the "Street" catalog. There's a section in there on handlebars and risers, some of it is bike make and model specific.
Thank you!

tommchris
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
My Motorcycle: honda

#7 Unread post by tommchris »

The throttle cables typically have two parts: the push cable and the pull cable. The push cable is usually longer than the pull cable. Uno Online