stunts on a street bike

earwig
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by earwig »

Hey Sev... he appears to be brand-new to this forum and may not have known how people feel about doing stunts :D He only posted 8 times...
Sevulturus wrote:Uhhh, he expressed an interest in stunting, on a forum where no one seems to ever talk about stunting. He's going to get told we don't think it's a good idea.

scan
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

#22 Unread post by scan »

earwig wrote:Hey Sev... he appears to be brand-new to this forum and may not have known how people feel about doing stunts :D He only posted 8 times...
Well thank goodness he'll never forget now. 8)
* 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R *
"What good fortune for those of us in power that people do not think. " Hitler - think about that one for a minute.

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#23 Unread post by Sev »

earwig wrote:Hey Sev... he appears to be brand-new to this forum and may not have known how people feel about doing stunts :D He only posted 8 times...
Sevulturus wrote:Uhhh, he expressed an interest in stunting, on a forum where no one seems to ever talk about stunting. He's going to get told we don't think it's a good idea.
Gosh, you think?

A name I've never seen before pops up and asks about stunting. Then throws a hissyfit and says he has no respect for us when he is told that, "no, most of us don't stunt, and there is little to do with that on the boards." Like my post said.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

V4underme
Elite
Elite

#24 Unread post by V4underme »

Sevulturus wrote:
Gosh, you think?

A name I've never seen before pops up and asks about stunting. Then throws a hissyfit and says he has no respect for us when he is told that, "no, most of us don't stunt, and there is little to do with that on the boards." Like my post said.
I'm not defending street stunting or this new poster, but he wasn't merely told "most of us don't stunt", and I'd say many of the responses could be classified as even more hissy than his lone response. He was blasted up one side and down the other, being called idiot and fool. All he did was ask a question. A question easily answered with a few kind words instead of insults. I'm a little surprised that this board would allow such behaviour.

Just my .02

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#25 Unread post by Sev »

I'm inclined to agree with you.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

cruisinflatout
Elite
Elite

#26 Unread post by cruisinflatout »

Sevulturus wrote:I'm inclined to agree with you.
Wow. Glad you said it cause I really didn't catch that vibe from you at all by your earlier posts in this thread.

The vibe I got was "You a (wannabe) stunter?? Get the hell out of here, I have 3500+ posts and we/I don't dig your type round here so s0d off"

Something like that.
cruise flat out - www.cruiseflatout.com

With the re-emergence of naked bikes, one day soon, real men will be able to bring their motors out of the false shadows of molded plastic and show their motors to the world without fear of ridicule or shame.

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#27 Unread post by Sev »

cruisinflatout wrote:
Wow. Glad you said it cause I really didn't catch that vibe from you at all by your earlier posts in this thread.

The vibe I got was "You a (wannabe) stunter?? Get the hell out of here, I have 3500+ posts and we/I don't dig your type round here so s0d off"

Something like that.
Sevulturus wrote:You're probably on the wrong forum to be asking those questions. The people who tend to post around here are more interested in going out and having a sweet riding, finding some awsome twisties or just cruising around, then we are doing wheelies and stopppies, and loop the loops.
This is what I said, and most of it was me trying to put a slightly humorous spin on it.

But I'm serious when I say, "this is the wrong place to ask." Because no one ever seems to talk about that sort of stuff. Not because we're going to come down on you like the fist of god. I personally think the idea of taking a quick ride through twisty mountains seems like a LOT more fun then popping a wheelie. So I stand by my statement.

Oh snap, I do have more then 3500 posts, wow. That's scary.

cruisinflatout
Elite
Elite

#28 Unread post by cruisinflatout »

Sevulturus wrote:
cruisinflatout wrote:

Something like that.
Sevulturus wrote:You're probably on the wrong forum to be asking those questions. The people who tend to post around here are more interested in going out and having a sweet riding, finding some awsome twisties or just cruising around, then we are doing wheelies and stopppies, and loop the loops.
This is what I said, and most of it was me trying to put a slightly humorous spin on it.

But I'm serious when I say, "this is the wrong place to ask." Because no one ever seems to talk about that sort of stuff. Not because we're going to come down on you like the fist of god. I personally think the idea of taking a quick ride through twisty mountains seems like a LOT more fun then popping a wheelie. So I stand by my statement.

Oh snap, I do have more then 3500 posts, wow. That's scary.
I definitely agree on the twisty thing - I've never been one to try and stunt myself - I do like to watch it though as long as it's done in a competition/show type atmosphere or at the min...off public roads. (Which is what the initial poster of this thread seemed to be hinting at..thus why I stood up for the guy a bit)

But don't get me wrong - stunting on public roads or where it's going to hurt innocent people is not cool and I was not trying to stick up for that by any means.

I'm just a bit tired of people on this forum jumping down everyone's throat when they disagree with something (especially when it comes to stunting). When I very first joined this forum, I was told off by a number of people because the website I run has pictures of people stunting - not one picture of me stunting, but of other people stunting, including a few of "Ghostrider" - and I got crapped on because of it...I didn't appreciate it then and so I felt for this guy a bit...
cruise flat out - www.cruiseflatout.com

With the re-emergence of naked bikes, one day soon, real men will be able to bring their motors out of the false shadows of molded plastic and show their motors to the world without fear of ridicule or shame.

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#29 Unread post by Sev »

Wow, I had no idea about that. Might have been a case of mental "one up manship." Where you try to explain it in a stronger way then the last guy... dunno.

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#30 Unread post by ZooTech »

You gotta remember, cruisin, this is TMW - Home of the Motorcycle Safety Police! Just watch as any unsuspecting new guy posts a pic of himself sitting on his bike wearing anything less than a full Bat Man costume and gets hammered with a barrage of "proper gear" comments! :laughing: