Music

zarakand
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male

Music

#1 Unread post by zarakand »

Anyone listen to any music while riding? I can't get any headphones to fit inside...though haven't tried the ipod ones they look like they'll fit.

Though I'm sure if i was able to listen to music I'd crash in 10 minutes... or swerve all the way to the otherside of a 4 lan expressway! :spot:

oldninja
Rookie
Rookie

#2 Unread post by oldninja »

I listen to music all the time, the head phones I use are the small "ear buds" I picked up from K-mart they work pretty well as they dont have any type of band from ear to ear. Definitely be careful as it will impair how much you can hear what's going on around you.

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#3 Unread post by Sev »

While earbuds will fit, I've found something better... Shamless Product Plug

I purchased a set of these about a year ago for $60 Canadian, and while somewhere hesitant about buying them at the time, I am tremendously happy with my purchase. Imagine if you will soft foam earplugs with built in speakers and a lightweight cord. That's basically what these are, you get 3 different sizes of shaped plastic plugs for your basic headphones, that will allow them to fit comfortably inside your ear.
They have some of the best sound quality I've ever heard from an earbud as the design allows the sound to be directed straight at the eardrum rather then just the general vicinity of your ear. I'm able to pick up beats and notes I had no idea actually existed in my songs. I love these, and would buy them again.

It seems like this sort of design would be very uncomfortable, but there have been times sitting on the bus to/from school (in the winter) that I have forgot they were in and wondered where the music was coming from for a couple seconds... you don't even notice they are there.

Oh, and since they don't stick out past your ear they sit right inside your helmet with no problem. It should be noted though, that I will only ever use them on the highway (no city driving) and I only use them in one ear, so I can still hear what is going on around me.

Hook it up to my mp3 player in my inside coat pocket and I've got 14 hours of music (with a full battery charge), though I'm carryin over 200 hours worth :)
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

keysman
Site Supporter - Platinum

#4 Unread post by keysman »

I would really recommend some in-ear design headphones. The iPod earbuds don't really work for me. I just tried them again today and with the volume turned up about 80% It was still difficult to hear over the wind noise. The in-ear design will block out more of the wind noise and will allow you to use the headphones at a lower volume. You have to protect your ears you can't get another set of those. I'm going to be shopping for something like Sevulturus has suggested.

The iPod earbuds and other that are like it hurt my ears after about an hour being squeezed between my helmet and my ear. I also find that the earbuds shift when I put the helmet on so they don't make a good seal with my ear and therefore you can't hear as good.
New Hotness: 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
Old & Busted: 2003 BMW F650CS

CentralOzzy
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 42
My Motorcycle: Yamaha XJR-1300/Harley-Davidson Roadking

#5 Unread post by CentralOzzy »

I resisted listening to music for a long time, with the attidute that the Hum of the engine was all I needed, then one day I tried it & now when I go on long tours i tend to listen to instrumental albums.

The guy I'm into right now is Ronnie Earl from Boston. He's an awesome guitarist who plays a fusion of Blues, Jazz & Soul.

Check him out, if you love Electric Guitar you'll Love Ronnie Earl!!

Last edited by CentralOzzy on Mon May 09, 2005 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

chrismeyer
Rookie
Rookie

#6 Unread post by chrismeyer »

Here's my delima,I'm a musician so music is like oxygen and I just got XM radio for the Jeep Wrangler and I'm not sure I can make it without it.The only thing I can think of is to maybe find a way to run the XM off the batt.and put my ant.on the back fender(they're little flat magnetic ones)and put the mount on the bars.A set of in-ear head phones and I think I'll be good to go.
If you want to hear MY music,I have two bands and there are songs posted at (rock band) myspace.com/godlovestragedy
and (country band)myspace.com/loosewheel
yeah,two TOTALLY different musical styles,check out the one that most fits your preference and let me know what you think.

Toyuzu
Years Riding: 15
My Motorcycle: 1981 Honda CX 500 Custom

#7 Unread post by Toyuzu »

I listen to the music of the RIDE, as composed by God himself. I have no need for headphones. 8)
[i]Only the dead have seen the end of war. (Plato)[/i]

d2mini
Elite
Elite

#8 Unread post by d2mini »

Haven't tried them in my helmet yet, but I love my Shure E3's.
http://www.shure.com/
-dennis

2004 Triumph Thruxton 900
2006 Suzuki V-Strom DL650

GinaCrash
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

Amplified Speakers

#9 Unread post by GinaCrash »

Hi all! New here to the message board, but couldn't resist posting to this question. There are quite a few companies that put out "CHROME" amplified speaker systems for your motorcycle. The cheapest I've found is at www.motorcycletunes.com there are others like Rumble Road speakers that use Bose speakers to the tune of $450 all told for just the speakers. :( Too freakin much $$'s for my taste... but the speakers they offer on the site listed above range from pioneer to sony, are waterproof, you can purchase a hide away antenna..... and plugs in to pretty much any car stereo, walkman, MP3 player, I-Pod, XM, or Sirrius radio system ect. And sound excellent. Just bought a pair of Sony 5.5" amplified speakers, that wire right into the battery, and I love em! I get to listen to my music on my long rides...(the trip to Rolling Thunder, and to Biketober fest will be much improved :wink: ) and not inhibit my riding by tuning out all of the noise around me with headphones!
Hope you all have a safe and happy riding season! G~ :D [/code]

barmy_carmy
Legendary
Legendary

#10 Unread post by barmy_carmy »

Well me I like the growl of our bike, But sometimes i think of tunes in my head while going along...............ie. "Born to be wild" :twisted: :laughing:
I'm not riding fast...........Just flying low!