sun shade problem solved!

ninja79
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

sun shade problem solved!

#1 Unread post by ninja79 »

Hi all,

I now have an incredible *ahem* high-tech solution to the sun shade problem. It's so awesome your jaw will drop, so just sit down first. ok, ready? Simply take regular sunglasses and break off one of the sticks that goes over your ear. The remaining stick will slide into the helmet easily and the padding will hold the glasses securely. To minimize discomfort, the remaining stick should be as thin as possible and should not wrap around. Amazing, huh? I discovered this by accident (literally!).

hope this helps!

sharpmagna
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by sharpmagna »

I don't have that problem as I have the Nolan N-102 lid

It has a built in sun shade that you can flip up when it isn't used. 8)
1987 Honda <B>SUPER</B> Magna
[i]Bikesexual - I like to ride it long and hard...[/i]

1will
Elite
Elite

#3 Unread post by 1will »

that flipup shade is badaz
something red with two wheels

Relsek
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

Re: sun shade problem solved!

#4 Unread post by Relsek »

ninja79 wrote:Hi all,

I now have an incredible *ahem* high-tech solution to the sun shade problem. It's so awesome your jaw will drop, so just sit down first. ok, ready? Simply take regular sunglasses and break off one of the sticks that goes over your ear. The remaining stick will slide into the helmet easily and the padding will hold the glasses securely. To minimize discomfort, the remaining stick should be as thin as possible and should not wrap around. Amazing, huh? I discovered this by accident (literally!).

hope this helps!
There are helmets made that have little slots for sunglasses, mine has them. I found the better solution to be a tinted shield. That works great unless you do a lot of day riding that turns into night riding.

Kevin
[url=http://triphog.com]My name is Kevin, and I'm a triphog.[/url]

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#5 Unread post by ZooTech »

I wear sunglasses and prescription specs and have never had a problem wearing any of them with a helmet. Why would you need to break one of the ear pieces off to make 'em fit?

gitarjunky
Elite
Elite

#6 Unread post by gitarjunky »

I agree with Zoo on this one....my helmet (full face) is snug enough to give me the "chipmunk cheek" effect, and my regular glasses/sunglasses fit in there nicely. You kinda have to shove them in, but once they're in there, I don't notice.

I did however pick up a tinted face shield this weekend because my sunglasses are polarized. With the clear face shield down, this causes a nasty rainbow effect that is just plain annoying.
2005 Suzuki SV650
Get a yellow one....they're faster

usamare
Rookie
Rookie

#7 Unread post by usamare »

I'm gonna stick to my strip of limosine tint across the top of a clear faceshield...similar effect to the Nolan helmet shown above. I hope the broken er (modded) shades get the job done for ya though 8)

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#8 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Its all a matter of getting used to putting the glasses on with a helmet, after a bit, you wont even notice them... but as was mentioned, take yer time when putting them on. (wearer of perscription glasses since age 10)
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#9 Unread post by Sev »

Uhhh, I try on new helmets every time I go into a dealership, I keep looking for one that will fit just a little bit better (I have yet to get anything other then a HJC CL-14). And I have found that well some helmets fit well, I cannot for the life of me wedge my glasses in alongside my head, they just won't fit. Other helmets they slide right in, with no issues (that's part of the reason I keep my HJC).

So, some people have problems because of their helmet type.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

rapidblue
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#10 Unread post by rapidblue »

I have a HJC cl-14 and no problem what so ever.

I have a pair of ray ban predator suglasses and the arms are almost as thick as a pencil and flare out at the lenses. Fit nice, helmet holds them in places and no discomfort.
80 honda CB750F Super Sport