Deals Gap this morning

BigChickenStrips
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Male

Deals Gap this morning

#1 Unread post by BigChickenStrips »

so i was at deals gap this mornign with some freinds for our weekly pancake breakfast run. and soemthign fun happened-

Ducati 999R - $29,999
Dainese Leather Suit - $1,399
Shoei Helmet - $489
Getting your @ss handed to you by a n00b on a 20 horespower scooter - Priceless

There are some things money can buy. For everything else theirs Deals Gap.

thats right- for all the haters who say the 250 isn't a real bike- i ran down a $30K ducati testeretta this morning. i passed about 6 other 600cc+ sport bikes (includign a newish 929RR, and a gsx-r600) on my way from the store to the overlook (for those of you familiar with deals gap)

it was a great ride, i left about 10AM becasue it was getting hot and crowded. i'll be back tomorrow morning to play again. theres a womens sport bike rally in town and i loves to seel the girlies in the leathers. ( pic of the ladies at www.dealsgap.com )

just wanted to share my story for all those who hate on the EX250. my bike cost literally 10% of his but money cant buy you riding skill. i hope to have a video of me tearing up "the gap" available online soon.

(that duc is a SEXY bike, i'dlove to have one in my garage)
[b]Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency! [/b]

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#2 Unread post by VermilionX »

good for you! :wink:

i don't hate the ninjette nor do i consider it a chic bike.

i just don't dig the old school look. no offense.

on a related note. i passed a ninja250 or 500... couldn't tell for sure. actually... they let me pass since i was tailing him on the turns while waiting for a straight to pass.

i did the same too when one guy on a CBR was tailing me. i just let him go ahead.

i wanna try deals gap some time in the future. i wonder if it's worthy of all the hype.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000

#3 Unread post by VermilionX »

oh and i almost forgot.

here... have a cookie!

:wink:
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

BigChickenStrips
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#4 Unread post by BigChickenStrips »

its awesome. i've never ridden canyons but they look liek lots of sweepers- the dragon is very technical and lots and lots and lots of tight turns strung together. the videos on the interweb dont do it justice. its a sweet road. there are also 3-4 other amazing MC roads within about 50 miles, so its worth the trip out even from Cali.

Verm- if you come out you can crash at my place. its abotu 50 miles to the gap but its not a bad ride- tomorrow will be my 4th consecutive day of riding up there this week. :mrgreen:

and tomorrow i'll be 2-up, me driving and my huge ego riding pillion :laughing:
[b]Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency! [/b]

MakeCarsStandSTill
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#5 Unread post by MakeCarsStandSTill »

Try and pass me and i gurantee you , you wont :laughing: jk man, good story
Live on the edge., Ride on the edge.
2006 Gsx-R1000(sold)
2006 Gsx-R750 (on its way)

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000

#6 Unread post by VermilionX »

BigChickenStrips wrote:its awesome. i've never ridden canyons but they look liek lots of sweepers- the dragon is very technical and lots and lots and lots of tight turns strung together. the videos on the interweb dont do it justice. its a sweet road. there are also 3-4 other amazing MC roads within about 50 miles, so its worth the trip out even from Cali.

Verm- if you come out you can crash at my place. its abotu 50 miles to the gap but its not a bad ride- tomorrow will be my 4th consecutive day of riding up there this week. :mrgreen:

and tomorrow i'll be 2-up, me driving and my huge ego riding pillion :laughing:
yeah, i mean if it's only 11 miles and it has 300 turns then that sounds really technical.

i can only imagine the traffic though. it's only 11 miles but that road is so popular. must be really bad on weekends.

you must be kneedragger now huh?
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

asiantay
Legendary
Legendary

#7 Unread post by asiantay »

Praise the Ninja!

Your bringing up of the Ducati makes me think of a certain "douche" I know who recently got a 999R as a present.

I gave him some advice via his girlfriend, to which he took offense, somehow believing he was a better rider than me (he is NOT). So I anticipate a call sounding something vaguely like: "OMG A$$off (my nickname for him) rode into a wall." Yes, this guy has even crashed his BMW into a wall, so I wait...

I'm glad you're making a name for the little guys.
Lenny: Hey George I want a dog.
George: Shut up Lenny, you're too stupid for a dog.
Lenny: At least I'm not an @ssoff.

- Of As and Off

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#8 Unread post by fireguzzi »

I easily out rode a guy on a busa last weekend. He spanked my GS on the straights but i quickly caught up in the curves. I finally passed him and never saw him again. I would have bragged about it earlier but the guy obviously had no skill. So thanks for starting a thread about us little guys whuppin up on the big guys. :twisted:

(even though the particular person had no skill, it is still a little ego boost)
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

spinner
Elite
Elite

#9 Unread post by spinner »

That's awesome! Ninjas are way underrated! :)
.:2006 GSX-R 600:.

[img]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/cspinner/65f4a1ec5a001a02396ac2d1baa8e31a.jpg[/img]

vector18
Elite
Elite

#10 Unread post by vector18 »

I hate to burst your bubble, but why don't you try to run against those bikes on the parkway or an interstate or a nice road with nice sweepers. You can't really go that fast on the dragon as it is so if your an experienced rider on a 250 and a novice on a 1000, the guy on the 250 is gonna win when your on the dragon. I wouldn't knock those expensive bikes because they will spank your "O Ring" hard on any other road! :wink:
For pics of my bike goto http://rswarrior.com/Gallery/vector18.aspx