When Do You Ride?

icariz83
Elite
Elite

#11 Unread post by icariz83 »

Whenever but I try to avoid after 10 or so due to drunk drivers. That's when I prefer my truck which can run over the idiots going home from the bar.
Current Toys:06 Daytona 675, 06 Sportsman 800
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/Icariz83/misc%20pics/bronco1.gif[/img]

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#12 Unread post by ofblong »

icariz83 wrote:Whenever but I try to avoid after 10 or so due to drunk drivers. That's when I prefer my truck which can run over the idiots going home from the bar.
I dunno about where you live but the drunks around me come put between 1am and 3pm because people are still at work at 10pm and dont normally start hitting the bars till around 11:30pm so 10pm there arent any drunk drivers or there are very very few out at that time of night. trust me I ride all the time between 10pm and 7am when I leave and get home. I have to go to different plants at work so i see alot of drunk drivers between 1am and 3am.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

safety-boy
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

When...

#13 Unread post by safety-boy »

I ride whenever I need to go somewhere ;-)

I am mixed about night riding. On one hand, you are more visible to drivers. On the other... deer.

--David
Don't think of it as a stop light. Think of it as a chance-to-show-off light.

Vulcan 900 Classic LT (2007)
Ninja ZX-6R (2006)
Ninja 500-R (2004)
454 Ltd. (1986)
Boulevard S-40 (2005)

Bachstrad37
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#14 Unread post by Bachstrad37 »

Late afternoon or early evening. The air is typically calmer and traffic is lessened. People also bar-b-que around dinner time and the smell is awesome.
2003 VN1500P Kawasaki Mean Streak
2009 Yamaha Nytro FX

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#15 Unread post by camthepyro »

I ride whenever I have to go somewhere. I finally got my car running, but it still doesn't have insurance, so the bike is my only transportation. Commuting, errands, to the gf's place, etc. It's all on my bike. I hate riding in the rain (a few bad experiences in the rain, all almost ending in bad accidents), so I avoid it as much as possible. I can't legally ride at night (I only have my permit), so I avoid that when I can. I rarely just go ride for fun, because I spend so much time just running around on my bike, I don't feel like I need to go out and ride just for fun.
Member of DWPOMD and RATUBBAW

'80 Suzuki GS 450
'00 Kawasaki ZR7 ( Sold 09/08 )
'82 Honda Nighthawk 450 ( Sold 02/07 )

[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10838]My bloggy thingy[/url]

liablemtl
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 29
My Motorcycle: 2002 Yamaha FZ1

#16 Unread post by liablemtl »

Let's put it this way...

I try NOT to drive my car.

My preferred mode of transportation is my motorcycle, year round. Since I work a corporate job, 9-5, I mostly spend my riding time commuting to and from work. But to make up for that, I will often try to take the long way home unless the weather is absolutely cr@ppy... then I go straight home.

About 1-2 times a week I drive my car, but it's only because I have too much stuff to carry on a bike or I have to go to my other job (which involves a certain level of necessary stuff to carry and reasons for not riding a bike). I don't often get the urge to hop on the bike in the middle of the night, mostly because I am asleep... :laughing:
We're the first ones to starve
We're the first ones to die
The first ones in line for that pie in the sky
But we're always the last
When the gravy's shared out
For the worker is working when the fat cat's about

ArcticHarleyMan
Elite
Elite

#17 Unread post by ArcticHarleyMan »

I also am retired so I can go whenever. I most like to ride about 2-3 hours prior to sundown as that is the best time to take photos because the lighting is in "the magic hour" mode.

Kal
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 1998 Kawasaki GPZ500S

#18 Unread post by Kal »

<b><i>Whenever I can. If I'm feeling good in the mornings I take the long way home, have thought about filming it and posting it ala' canyon video's...

It's interesting as its the 7am traffic trying to avoid the rush hour but I can catch the occasional nice patch and if I'm feeling fit I can lane split in places.
Kal...
Relationship Squid...

GPZ500S, CB250N, GB250Clubman

qwerty
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#19 Unread post by qwerty »

Back in the olden days I rode everywhere I went, when ever I went.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#20 Unread post by Sev »

Anytime there isn't ice on the ground and the ambient temp is above freezing, there's a good chance I'll be on the bike.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]