The world is full of stupid people.

qwerty
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Male

The world is full of stupid people.

#1 Unread post by qwerty »

We've had some cold, wet weather the past couple days. I've been riding, anyway. Does it seem to anyone else that motorcycles become even less visible when people really don't expect to see one?

In the past two days, two people ran off the road while staring at me (in disbelief?).

I heard a horrendous scrunching sound off to my right while I was crossing an iced bridge. I glanced over to see a 4x4 SUV grinding down the retaining wall as he went past. I feel sorry for that guy when he tries to explain to his insurance company: "Well, there was this guy on a motorcycle, and ...."

BWAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAA!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Candy750
Legendary
Legendary

#2 Unread post by Candy750 »

Maybe you just look so good on that bike that he was too distracted to drive! 8)
Candy 750

pinger05
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2005 Yamaha V-Star 650

#3 Unread post by pinger05 »

Freezing in Texas? Where in Texas does it freeze? My family lives is SE Texas near Beaumont and it doesnt freeze down there much - maybe a little frost in the morning but that is it.
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
Ural Patrol <Wish list>
All it takes for evil to triumph is good me to do nothing

anarchy
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by anarchy »

it seems more people become idiots when the weather turns bad... instead of taking more caution in bad weather, people tend to tense up and panic... i think a big problem too is that a lot of people just don't know how to drive in snow/ice...

Rydr
Elite
Elite

Stupid people

#5 Unread post by Rydr »

Everything becomes less visible in bad weather. It just means that we who ride motorcycles in when there is poor weather conditions have to be that much more vigilant.

Cagers with fogged up windows are either having fun in the back seat or are driving in in-climate conditions.

Puyopop
Elite
Elite

Re: Stupid people

#6 Unread post by Puyopop »

Rydr wrote:Everything becomes less visible in bad weather. It just means that we who ride motorcycles in when there is poor weather conditions have to be that much more vigilant.

Cagers with fogged up windows are either having fun in the back seat or are driving in in-climate conditions.
And or they dont know how to use their defrost.

Koss
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#7 Unread post by Koss »

pinger05 wrote:Freezing in Texas? Where in Texas does it freeze? My family lives is SE Texas near Beaumont and it doesnt freeze down there much - maybe a little frost in the morning but that is it.
Heck, it snowed this week here, as it does every year. Other parts of texas even get black ice on roads and such.

Sure, you likely wont be seeing any blizzards in Texas, but it gets below freezing at times.
http://www.livevideo.com/Koss

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#8 Unread post by Shorts »

pinger05 wrote:Freezing in Texas? Where in Texas does it freeze? My family lives is SE Texas near Beaumont and it doesnt freeze down there much - maybe a little frost in the morning but that is it.
My family lives in Corpus and they get freezing temps and once in a while, snow. Dad called Christmas morning '04 or '05, they got dumped about 8" of snow christmas eve and woke up to a white christmas.

The Hill Country frequently freezes and gets snow during the winter. West Texas and the Panhandle get snow every winter as well. It sure was cold in San Antone the few years I lived there.

How long has your family lived in Texas?

qwerty
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#9 Unread post by qwerty »

I'm in Alliance, just south of Texas Motor Speedway, just north of Fort Worth.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#10 Unread post by dr_bar »

That driver may have come up on you pretty quick and didn't see you until the last moment sacrificing his vehicle to save your a$$. Maybe it could have turned out different huh??? Not so funny then... :roll:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"