Traffic jams...

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: FZ6

Traffic jams...

#1 Unread post by intotherain »

are annoying. I stalled once in a traffic jam and cars behind me got mad and I was very embarassed and I almost dropped my bike trying to kick start it because my electric start doesnt work.

God damn. anyone have troubles with traffic jams or is this a newbie thing? I hate all the good clutch control you need to have. I got a good half mile with good clutch then I just stalled. It was poopy

Koss
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#2 Unread post by Koss »

I guess its just a matter of practice, practice, practice.

I know I use to have a problem with my left hand getting really tired and almost cramping up. But I guess its developed more strength and stamina now.

Don't worry about everyone around you. Just take your time, and do things right.

Does your motorcycle have an adjustible clutch lever?
http://www.livevideo.com/Koss

logitech104
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

Re: Traffic jams...

#3 Unread post by logitech104 »

Dohun wrote:I stalled once in a traffic jam and cars behind me got mad and I was very embarassed and I almost dropped my bike trying to kick start it because my electric start doesnt work.
awwwwwwww... Image its kinda fun to "pee" cagers off once in a while. don't be embarrassed, just shake your butt and point n' laugh at them when they get that mad. then do some beep beep, beep beeps when you go by them. 8) Pretend you have the rattiest bike and your too hardcore to feed the clutch perfectly. cuz you do have a kick start. You are hard core, unlike all of the pansy electric start bikers! -likeme- :mrgreen:
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l240/logitech104/fairyhugsig.jpg[/img]
[1981 honda cb400t hawk][2004 honda crf150f]

Puyopop
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by Puyopop »

i saw another post where you said your bike will stall if you dont rev it up a little when at a stop, i could see how that would also give you problems in stopping in traffic a lot, if you still have that problem that is.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#5 Unread post by jstark47 »

My Bonneville is easier in a traffic jam than my V-Strom. Smaller, lower, softer clutch, and more low-down torque. Strom will get on your nerves in slow traffic after a while. Bonnie's air/oil cooled though, so it doesn't like to sit in a traffic jam for long on a broiling hot day.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

pinger05
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2005 Yamaha V-Star 650

#6 Unread post by pinger05 »

The worst is a stau while you are on a uphill. Gotta love the coordination then!
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
Ural Patrol <Wish list>
All it takes for evil to triumph is good me to do nothing

Andrew
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#7 Unread post by Andrew »

I commute with my bike, so I deal with traffic jams just about every day. If it's at a complete stop, just take your time when getting it going again. The annoying part is when traffic is moving just slow enough that you can't really maintain your momentum, but can't afford to stop either. In that case just leave enough of a gap to give you some breathing room.
2004 BMW K1200RS
[img]http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/images/smilies/BMWsmile.gif[/img]

Rydr
Elite
Elite

#8 Unread post by Rydr »

Go to Sturgis, it's a 10 day long huge traffic jam.

basshole
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#9 Unread post by basshole »

Traffic is a daily event for me as well. Every once in a while I'll stall just from getting lazy but I guess I've done it enough that I don't wig out on it I just pop the starter and off I go like it was suppose to do that. 8)
Beer. Helping ugly people get laid since 1853
2006 Suzuki C50 Silver/Gray

Zagnut
Elite
Elite

#10 Unread post by Zagnut »

Once I forgot to turn the petcock before I left work. The bike ran fine until I tried to pull away at a green light during rush hour at a busy intersection...and to top it off, I was in front of truck that created a gap to let me go in front of him. That was kind of embarrassing.
I felt like, "Well, that's what you get for letting a dipsh!t get in front of you." :wink:
I wasted no time in flipping the petcock, getting it started and haulin' @ss outta that particular bunch of cars.