The Suzuki M50 Lovers Club!

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#81 Unread post by jstark47 »

Awesome. Moto has achieved Zen satire - he's self-satirizing. Oh, my.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#82 Unread post by Gummiente »

jstark47 wrote:Awesome. Moto has achieved Zen satire - he's self-satirizing. Oh, my.
When he starts referring to himself in the third person, we'll know his slip into insanity is finally complete.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#83 Unread post by Sev »

MotoF150 wrote:higher end sport bikes have a two stage clutch that works TOTALLY different than the clutch on ur generic cruiser bike! The clutch will freewheel at a high rpm, this protects the clutch from smoking, overheating and shattering meaning to a simple mind that has no high end intellectuial knowledge like I do that the clutch plates are not connected to the primary, instead the clutch basket is making a physicial bond direct to the primary simular to how a lock up torque converter works on ur wife's mini van. I am an expert and I do admit I have a problem dumbing down my words so you public school educated rednecks could understand. Thank You, MotoF150
So what you're saying is that the clutch plates are splined to the clutch hub which is then connected to a secondary hub, which connects to the drive shaft?

Why don't any of the schematics show this?

Because you're a liar.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

daviking
Rookie
Rookie

#84 Unread post by daviking »

qwerty wrote:The only thing that would keep me from buying on would be the fact that every Suzuki dealer within 50 miles of me sucks. That isn't the bike's fault. If I lived near a reputable dealer with a good reputation, the M50 would be near the top of my list.
Well, my dealership, the closest one to me, NATURE COAST MOTORSPORTS in CRYSTAL RIVER, FL on HWY 44, at first seemed like one that was going to work with me. They offered me a new M50 for the price of an S50. 6300 plus tax and all, I thought this was a pretty good deal. Ok, I says. The salesman then tells me, "If you find a price lower than ours, we'll match it."

Sweet, So I left and immediatly got on a computer. I found an ad for a new M50, for 5,899, A special internet price. YES!!! Now I can get my Black M50 with the $400 windshield for the same price of an S50. 6,299.

I printed it out, and took it to them that very same day. THEY AGREE!!! We start doing the paper work and here is where it goes sour in a FLIPPING HURRY. after adding charges in the form of

5899 for the bike. YIPPIE!!!
400 for windshield. All Right!

125 for documentation. phsst!
125 for tag and title. But I already have a bike tag!
60 for an accounting fee. Yeah, I gotta pay their employee!
60 to have some ding dong take it for a "test ride". WAIT... WHAT!?!
40 for some tire disposal fee. The tires aren't new????
200 or something to prep the bike. Ugh.

6909.00 or somewhere around there.

Oh, don't forget... NOW you charge sales tax at 6%! WTF!!!

7,303.00. That seemed about what they expected me pay out the door. A 1,000 extra in tax and crap.

So, I left, and went 100 miles to Pompano Pats in Deland, FL. I didn't get a windshield. But I got an M50, blue, with 1190 miles on it for 6800 out the door.
The previous owner had a heart attack, and was scared of having another while riding. So he traded it in for like 5 Chinese ATVs.

My uncle was kind enough to take me and trailer the bike back home, and I took it for my own spin.

OH SHUCKS!!! I forgot to mention... The Ad I printed out, was THEIRS!!! Their ad on Cycle trader. Talk about false advertising. So shop around, even if you have to get a friend with a trailer.
1990 Vulcan 500 <-sold

2006 Blue M50 <-trade

2007 Yamaha FZ6m, in blue of course

qwerty
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#85 Unread post by qwerty »

Virtually all the dealers in Fort Worth have bikes priced 10-15% over the manufacturers suggested retail price, taken from the manufacturer's own websites. Harley is the exception. The $6595 msrp base XL 883 Sportster is carrying a $7995 sticker. They won't dicker, either. Then the dealers add $299 or more shipping on every single bike, $199 or more set-up, and the required tax, title, and license. Some add a $99 "filing fee". Some only charge a $99 set-up fee, but charge $299 for "pre-delivery service." Whatever they can get suckers to pay. A $2999 msrp EX250 ends up costing almost $5000 before you can ride it off the lot.

I became so frustrated with the dishonesty of the dealers I bought used 104 miles away and rode it home on back roads, at night.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Tarheel365
Regular
Regular

#86 Unread post by Tarheel365 »

MotoF150 wrote:The Suzuki Boulevard M50 is a cheap generic POS! What do you guys expect when ur a cheapskate spending $4995 for a 800cc bike? YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! a cheap Chinese made engine with plastic valve covers and fenders! Horsepower is only 45 at 6200 rpm! Other bikes that same size put out 55 HP at 3200 rpm! What happens if you do rev that M50 to 6200 rpm? It shakes and vibrates and feels like its going to fall apart! Look at the brakes on the M50! HA! What A Joke! The brakes DON'T WORK! A kids 80 cc dirt bike has better brakes than a M50! What always happen when you shift gears on a M50? IT CLUNKS! The M50 is the biggest POS out there! I should know , I OWN ONE! Im ashamed of it, I fear being seen riding it in public! Maybe you guys should wake up and tell the truth and be honest and stop misleading everybody making them think its a great bike!
lolers!!! plastic valve covers?!! i'd be ashamed too if the dealer sold me a bike w/ plastic valve covers.
:laughing: btw....its the same engine thats in the volusia...and thats been 'round for years. so...i think u got screwed by ur dealer :p

also I'm not disputing ur claims but put up some dyno sheets. :) r these bhp or rwhp numbers? :roll:
Last edited by Tarheel365 on Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
2006 Suzuki M50

Koss
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#88 Unread post by Koss »

Sevulturus wrote:
MotoF150 wrote:higher end sport bikes have a two stage clutch that works TOTALLY different than the clutch on ur generic cruiser bike! The clutch will freewheel at a high rpm, this protects the clutch from smoking, overheating and shattering meaning to a simple mind that has no high end intellectuial knowledge like I do that the clutch plates are not connected to the primary, instead the clutch basket is making a physicial bond direct to the primary simular to how a lock up torque converter works on ur wife's mini van. I am an expert and I do admit I have a problem dumbing down my words so you public school educated rednecks could understand. Thank You, MotoF150
So what you're saying is that the clutch plates are splined to the clutch hub which is then connected to a secondary hub, which connects to the drive shaft?

Why don't any of the schematics show this?

Because you're a liar.
:laughing:
http://www.livevideo.com/Koss

anarchy
Elite
Elite

#89 Unread post by anarchy »

daviking wrote:Well, my dealership, the closest one to me, NATURE COAST MOTORSPORTS in CRYSTAL RIVER, FL on HWY 44, at first seemed like one that was going to work with me. They offered me a new M50 for the price of an S50. 6300 plus tax and all, I thought this was a pretty good deal. Ok, I says. The salesman then tells me, "If you find a price lower than ours, we'll match it."

Sweet, So I left and immediatly got on a computer. I found an ad for a new M50, for 5,899, A special internet price. YES!!! Now I can get my Black M50 with the $400 windshield for the same price of an S50. 6,299.

I printed it out, and took it to them that very same day. THEY AGREE!!! We start doing the paper work and here is where it goes sour in a FLIPPING HURRY. after adding charges in the form of

5899 for the bike. YIPPIE!!!
400 for windshield. All Right!

125 for documentation. phsst!
125 for tag and title. But I already have a bike tag!
60 for an accounting fee. Yeah, I gotta pay their employee!
60 to have some ding dong take it for a "test ride". WAIT... WHAT!?!
40 for some tire disposal fee. The tires aren't new????
200 or something to prep the bike. Ugh.

6909.00 or somewhere around there.

Oh, don't forget... NOW you charge sales tax at 6%! WTF!!!

7,303.00. That seemed about what they expected me pay out the door. A 1,000 extra in tax and "crumb".

So, I left, and went 100 miles to Pompano Pats in Deland, FL. I didn't get a windshield. But I got an M50, blue, with 1190 miles on it for 6800 out the door.
The previous owner had a heart attack, and was scared of having another while riding. So he traded it in for like 5 Chinese ATVs.

My uncle was kind enough to take me and trailer the bike back home, and I took it for my own spin.

OH SHUCKS!!! I forgot to mention... The Ad I printed out, was THEIRS!!! Their ad on Cycle trader. Talk about false advertising. So shop around, even if you have to get a friend with a trailer.
you could have gotten the new, black m50 you wanted, with windshield, for $7303 otd. instead you chose the used, blue m50, without windshield, for $6800 otd. add a $400 windshield to the used bike you bought, the price now comes to $7200. basically you saved $100 buying a used bike instead of a new bike.

maybe i'm missing something here, but it sounds like you're complaining the first dealer didn't give you a very good deal. to me it sounds like the second dealer didn't give you much of a deal either - you drove 100 miles to save $100, getting a used bike instead of a new bike...

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#90 Unread post by The549 »

MotoF150 wrote:... to a simple mind that has no high end intellectuial knowledge like I do ..... you public school educated rednecks could understand. Thank You, MotoF150
"intellectuial"....when you use words like that in a self description, make sure to spell them correctlly, otherwise it really looks pretty bad. :wink:
I'm a genieus too so I know; I gotta be carefull.

intellectual