Have you ridden a vstrom 650?

William
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: Newest: '15 ZX-14R Ninja, plus 2 others.

#21 Unread post by William »

Rydr wrote:
I never mentioned anything about how much you can or cannot carry on your ST1300. I haven't ridden one or packed one so I wouldn't presume to know.

You William, on the other hand seem to have lots of presumptions.
YOU replied to the post where I was stating how practical my ST1300 is, and how much I can carry on it. Why should I presume anything different? After all, the first 2 words you wrote in response to my post was "Yea and...". So I responded based on what you wrote, period.

So, why would you write in response to my post in that way if you weren't debating what I said? If you really weren't debating what I said, then you shouldn't have responded that way.
1982 Suzuki GS1100GL, 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour, 2015 Kawasaki ZX-14R Ninja.

2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 sport/4wd ATV, 2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550 EPS SE utility ATV

2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4wd 4 door, 2008 Toyota Highlander AWD

Born, raised, and spent most of my life in Florida until I moved to Farmington, New Mexico April 2011. Yes, I'm in the wonderful Four Corners area.

Rydr
Elite
Elite

#22 Unread post by Rydr »

William wrote:
Rydr wrote:
I never mentioned anything about how much you can or cannot carry on your ST1300. I haven't ridden one or packed one so I wouldn't presume to know.

You William, on the other hand seem to have lots of presumptions.
YOU replied to the post where I was stating how practical my ST1300 is, and how much I can carry on it. Why should I presume anything different? After all, the first 2 words you wrote in response to my post was "Yea and...". So I responded based on what you wrote, period.

So, why would you write in response to my post in that way if you weren't debating what I said? If you really weren't debating what I said, then you shouldn't have responded that way.
And I thought the original post was a question about a V Strom 650. I guess we're both of topic as some how you brought your ST1300 into it and I brought a quote from another topic in. I guess if want to talk about how much an ST1300 can carry then you should start your own topic on the subject.

When a person degrades into personal name calling then it shows a lot about their character.

Have a nice day William. :D

William
Elite
Elite

#23 Unread post by William »

Rydr wrote:
And I thought the original post was a question about a V Strom 650. I guess we're both of topic as some how you brought your ST1300 into it and I brought a quote from another topic in. I guess if want to talk about how much an ST1300 can carry then you should start your own topic on the subject.

When a person degrades into personal name calling then it shows a lot about their character.

I only responded about the post someone else made about practicality. That's all I did.

Show me in this thread where I called you a name. And you have continued the responses to what I post, so you are no better than me.
1982 Suzuki GS1100GL, 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour, 2015 Kawasaki ZX-14R Ninja.

2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 sport/4wd ATV, 2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550 EPS SE utility ATV

Born, raised, and spent most of my life in Florida until I moved to Farmington, New Mexico April 2011. Yes, I'm in the wonderful Four Corners area.

Rydr
Elite
Elite

#24 Unread post by Rydr »

William wrote:
Rydr wrote:

I only responded about the post someone else made about practicality. That's all I did.

Show me in this thread where I called you a name. And you have continued the responses to what I post, so you are no better than me.
Well earlier in this thread you called me dumb. So I just looked at where it came from and had a good laugh. :laughing:

William
Elite
Elite

#25 Unread post by William »

Rydr wrote:
Well earlier in this thread you called me dumb. So I just looked at where it came from and had a good laugh. :laughing:
The exact thing I said was: "And you are either intentionally misconstruing what I meant by that, or maybe you are too dumb to know exactly what I meant by that post?".

I didn't specifically call you dumb, I simply asked a question. So tell me, what's the answer?

So which was it? Where you misconstruing what I said? Or were you too dumb to know exactly what I meant? If you were intentionally misconstruing what I said, then you aren't dumb. If so, that means you intended to take what I said and turned it into something different than what I meant.

If you didn't know exactly what I meant, then what else could it mean? After all, most "not dumb" people would know what I mean. If you didn't know what I meant, then why wouldn't you be labeled as "dumb"?

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#26 Unread post by High_Side »

ahhhhyessss......January in the motorcycle forums...... :P :shooting2:

Rydr
Elite
Elite

#27 Unread post by Rydr »

William wrote:
Rydr wrote:
The exact thing I said was: "And you are either intentionally misconstruing what I meant by that, or maybe you are too dumb to know exactly what I meant by that post?".

I didn't specifically call you dumb, I simply asked a question. So tell me, what's the answer?

So which was it? Where you misconstruing what I said? Or were you too dumb to know exactly what I meant? If you were intentionally misconstruing what I said, then you aren't dumb. If so, that means you intended to take what I said and turned it into something different than what I meant.

If you didn't know exactly what I meant, then what else could it mean? After all, most "not dumb" people would know what I mean. If you didn't know what I meant, then why wouldn't you be labeled as "dumb"?
We were discussing the 2008 KLR650 and you stated that you could ride your Honda ST1300 in the dirt as long as it was level. Context or not that's what you said. If I have it wrong then please correct me. I wouldn't want to hurt your sensitivities again. :laughing:

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#28 Unread post by storysunfolding »

we really need a smilie on a toilet with the word "thread" on it.

Hey guys to ere is human. we all see now through further elaboration what you both meant. Thank you both for your comments.

So does anyone have some more vstrom insights?
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#29 Unread post by High_Side »

Agreed. Lets get this one back on topic shall we?

-Holiday
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#30 Unread post by -Holiday »

i havnt ridden one, but sat on them. they seem comfy. i considered buying one but ended up with my bandit 1200 instead. I think the idea of a the vstrom is interesting (standard, on/offroad mentality, decent tourer) but i dont think its really good at any one of them.

I think its a bit too heavy to really take it offroad (i'd rather have a KLR if I did a lot of offroad stuff).

Tourer? I'd rather have a FJR or maybe an ST, but my bandit will work just fine for that while looking and handling better then a vstrom (based on what i've read).

I think its a good all around general purpose bike, but the fact that it doesnt really exel in any one area, and on top of that IMO its ugly, i wouldnt buy one.

Maybe my opinion will change if i drive one though. So that kinda throws a wrench in everything i just typed i guess :)

check out the vstrom forums, theres a bunch of em.
2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200s
Vespa Rally 200 in pieces

[img]http://www.brian-payne.com/bikes/VisitedStatesMap.jpg[/img]