Cruiser
43%
Dirt Bike
4%
Standard
21%
Touring
12%
Other (a honda redheaded stepchild if you will...)
5%

Total votes: 107

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#11 Unread post by High_Side »

Bingo wrote:...... Then while visiting the dealer I spotted a very abused CX in the back room. I took her home and started the restoration project, With some mods to paint and chrome I brought it back to it's former glory. (full story at http://www.vaxxine.com/tomspage/honda.htm )

But when she's away, and the chores are done.....

Tom
Beautiful. I had that ^ exact bike from '85-'87! I'd love to have another and have been tempted a few times throughout the years to do exactly what you did.
Right now in the garage sits the VTR1000 that I bought new in '97 and a VFR that I just picked up last fall. The VTR has been a keeper, the VFR, I'm not so sure....
Last edited by High_Side on Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plainsman
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#12 Unread post by plainsman »

After 38 years of NOT riding (much), I jumped back into the biker scene in July, 2005, on an '04 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100. After about nine months and 10,000 miles, I jumped again, this time to an '01 Honda ST1100. :shock: I've put about 7,000 miles on it. It can get me into a LOT more trouble than I can get out of - gracefully - real fast. :oops: Not too bad for 66 - huh? 8)
Riding '01 Honda ST1100

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#13 Unread post by dr_bar »

Last September I needed a bike that was able to do a 3000+ km trip and picked up my current main ride, a '97 Valkyrie F6. Did it make the trip??? You bet, here's a pic of it pretty much loaded for bear.

Not a problem the whole trip, performed way beyond my expectations, now if I could only learn how to extract about half of it's capabilities... :oops: I think I need to go back to school... :roll:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#14 Unread post by mgdavis »

My ride is a 1979 Honda CB750K 10th Anniversary Edition in Candy Muse Red. I bought her from a co-worker in non-running condition for $250. She had sat for several years in a garage and needed a carburator rebuild. Long story short, I replaced the battery, rebuilt the carbs, cranked the bike up and went. Unfortunately the starter clutch failed after only a few months of riding. My Honda is currently waiting for me to become motivated to replace the starter clutch so we can ride again.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject.
Molon Labe!!!

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#15 Unread post by Shorts »

I'm living in Japan, it's a no brainer what brand I ride :P 2000 Honda VTR250 w/74k kms. Actually, I had no preference in brand when I was looking. I eyedballed a CBR2500RR and was sold on it until I happened to sit on a VTR250. That was it.

DH started riding in Spring 06, I got bored pillion and started riding several months after. I sat on a VTR250 not knowing what it was, but it felt like a bike I could ride (see blog for details of why). Its my first bike...actually 2nd if you count the Honda QR50 I got for giggles right before. Hmm still a Honda.

Anyway, here I am, a Honda rider 8)

Scott58
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#16 Unread post by Scott58 »

My Favorite ride.

05 Honda Rebel
04 Spitfire Cub-24
05Suzuki S50

sharpmagna
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#17 Unread post by sharpmagna »

1987 Honda "Super" Magna

I love the sound of the V4 screaming! It's my first and only bike so far but I've learned a lot from riding it already. I put 8K miles last year in my first season of riding it. I'm looking put plenty more in the second year and hope to have many years of riding on her.

Here's me on the day I took ownership. That smile is the same smile I have anytime I throw my leg over...

1987 Honda <B>SUPER</B> Magna
[i]Bikesexual - I like to ride it long and hard...[/i]

Big B

#18 Unread post by Big B »

as a pirate might say (if he rode motorcycles),
yar, this be my beast

03 VTX1800R, the bike i bought on my way to buy a harley. i had my heart set on a new street bob, beautiful blacked out dyna, and on the way to the dealership, i saw this beast sitting in a driveway, i'm the curious sort so i hopped out and took a look at it. the guy in the garage tossed me the keys and as soon as i turned the corner onto the bypass and cracked the throttle i knew i had to have this bike.

i f'in love this bike
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

BigDean
Rookie
Rookie

#19 Unread post by BigDean »

Hello All...

I am new to the forum's and new to riding!

I just bought a beginner bike, a Honda Rebel. I figured it was the best way for me to start. With 2 son's the bike will still come in handy once I outgrow it.

I will be taking the MSF beginner course in the near future, soon as work allows it!!! LOL

My first question is once I have outgrown the bike (after much a lot of riding and a couple of year's) What would be my next step up be?
(I am partial to the cruiser's)

My first thoughts are the Shadow Aero. 8)
BigDean

snydley550
Rookie
Rookie

#20 Unread post by snydley550 »

Greetings from Husker Nation everyone! I'm 23 and I go to school at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln.

My current ride, that I just got painted, is a '75CB550. This is the bike I first learned to ride on when I was in high school. My dad traded off his car for it back in the 70's and rode it back to nebraska from Arizona with ape hanger bars on it and a maroon spraypainted tank. He hadn't ridden it for years, and it sat in my gradparents' shed on their farm north of town. Around my Junior year of high school I finally talked him into bringing it out and letting me tinker with it. He couldn't get it started when we got it home and got pissed, natually, so I took over in my spare time.

Not really knowing anything about bikes at the time, I naturally proceeded to tear everything apart, see how it worked, and carefully put it back together in the right order. Strangely enough, I was eventually able to get it running like a champ again. New plugs, new in-tank fuel filter, an intense carb cleaning involving guitar string, and it fired right up. Thank God he had previously disposed of the ape hangers, so by this time it was basically back to normal. I think he was a bit jealous of my innate motorcycle mechanic skills, but I know he had to be greatful. He spent the next few years taking care of it while I was away at school.

My sophomore year of college found me buying a fixer-upper '72CB350 in the absolute ugliest color of blue you can find. I saw it sitting in a yard for 400 bucks. Asked to take it for a ride,,got the kick start about halfway down and it fired right up. He took 300 dollars cash and I rode it home that day. It was perfect for getting back and forth to campus. I even got a lot of compliments on that piece, but eventually the 550 came calling again. Pops wanted a little more space in the garage back home; I was to be reunited with my sweet baby once more.

I ended up selling the 350 on ebay for 650 bucks and spent this past winter longing for the 550. I used the cash from my old bike towards a paint job and I'm happy to say she's done and looking even more beautiful than I ever expected.

The thing I love about these bikes is that they're so modest and understated. Strangely I have no interest in any bike any younger than 30 years old. They're just easy to work on, well built bikes. I guess I just like the feeling of giving the thing a second chance to be treated how its supposed to be. I guess the compliments are pretty good too though... :D

Heres picks of both bikes, the 350 right when i bought it, and the 550 before and after paint.
CB350:
CB550 before: (just posing, I've got gear :)
CB550 after:
'75 CB550