Cruiser
43%
Dirt Bike
4%
Standard
21%
Touring
12%
Other (a honda redheaded stepchild if you will...)
5%

Total votes: 107

xseabee
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by xseabee »

I have a 2003 Honda ACE 750

Falkenheld
Veteran
Veteran

#22 Unread post by Falkenheld »

Hey everyone.

Bike's in my sig, but I'll post about it anyway. :)

It's a 1980 Honda CB400T Hawk.
[b]1980 Honda CB400T[/b]

UTRider
Veteran
Veteran

#23 Unread post by UTRider »

Hi!

New to the forum. Last year I picked up a a 1984 Honda GL1200 Interstate. Mostly use it for running around town . . . have only gone on a couple short rides with it . . . but it keeps a smile on my face and me out of trouble.
Wha . . . .Who me . . . Was him.
2004 Vulcan 800
1986 Interstate 1200 Sold

Seetrout
Elite
Elite

#24 Unread post by Seetrout »

Sev wrote:Guess I should check in 2004 Honda CB600F
+1
Familiarity breeds contempt.

2004 Honda 599

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#25 Unread post by High_Side »

A pic of the VFR:

Diecast61
Regular
Regular

#26 Unread post by Diecast61 »

Hi All ....

New to Riding ..... actually taking the MSF this Friday.

New to Honda -- obviously.

Was going to wait to buy a bike -- but found a 95 VLX in candy apple red in almost new condition with only 4K on it. Garage kept, never dropped and primarily just ridden around the gated community where the previous owner lived. Couldn't beat the price (1,600) -- even came with the windscrren, sissy bar and straight pipes -- and on top of all that the owner offered to refund some of the purchase price if we found anything major that needed repair.

Had a friend ride it home (90+ miles), have done an oil + filter change, new plugs, coolant, lubed the chain, fuel filter, added a trickle charger and polished her up.

She is sitting in the garage (patiently) waiting for me to complete the MSF. Can't wait to get out an practice.

From everything I've read here -- this should be a great experience for my 1st bike.

Thanks to everyone for all your advice and suggestions.
Diecast61

'95 Shadow VLX (VT600C)
Life is a journey.... new experiences...... always something new to learn ..... so keep your eyes and ears open.

ltcdwb
Rookie
Rookie

ST1300 Sport or Touring

#27 Unread post by ltcdwb »

My Honda doesn't really fit one of the poll choices. It is a 2007 ST1300. It is my first "running" motorcycle. I have ridden friends motorcycles and had a couple of basket case project bikes, I just remebered they were both Hondas as well. I think I sense a trend here. Before you start flaming me for buying such a big bike as my first one, I have ridden, I did complete the MSF Basic Rider Course, I always wear all my safety gear, and everytime I get on the bike I practice turns, starts and quick stops, and swerves before I leave my neighborhood and move into traffic. I am reading Daivd Hough's Proficient Motorcycling. I am taking it slow and easy. At my age ego and machismo don't play a part. I am a "mature" rider. I am doing my best to become a safe competent motorcyclist. By the way I am having a blast!
Dennis B.

beardking
Elite
Elite

#28 Unread post by beardking »

This is my first fully functioning motorcycle. I had a 1982 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim for about a year and was only about to put about 100 miles on it in that time. Could never get it to run very well. Sold that and bought this to replace it. Rebuilt the carbs, replaced the air filter, changed the oil and filter and lubed up the chain. Treating me quite nicely these days.

1999 Nighthawk 750

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#29 Unread post by Shorts »

Nice bikes guys. Its great to see the Standards and STs of the bunch 8)

JerryG
Rookie
Rookie

#30 Unread post by JerryG »

Hello everybody, I Learned to ride on a 79' Honda CB500, then I found my 750 last year and been riding it since.. love it dependable, great mileage, enough power to get me into trouble! and a damn good looking bike NightHawk 750. :rocking: