Time to be overly ambitious- Usergroup Tour 2007.

Big B
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male

#41 Unread post by Big B »

actually, southern ohio (or indiana for that matter) is very nice, it's just the getting there that's pancake flat, illinois and indiana between the mississippi and the ohio rivers are about the most boring stretch of landscape they is. if i had to do the northern route, i'd take the car ferry across lake michigan to ludington and come down through the lower peninsula, some nice rolling hills and hardwood forests before hitting northern ohio, which is basically all concrete. the southern route i'd shoot straight down to the illinois/indiana border on the ohio river and head east from there, longer than going through indianapolis, but much nicer scenery
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

paul246
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#42 Unread post by paul246 »

We already did this with Honda Valkyries a few years ago, it was called "Thor's Hammer". All four corners of the USA were visited plus various routes throughout the States and Canada. A banner was carried and signed by all riders and the hammer was passed at the same time, lots of fun. The next year the Hammer was passed throughout Europe. The route was timed so that the Hammer entered Canada in May. Our group met the Albertans at the Alberta/Saskatchewan border and we carried it to the guys in North Dakota. We were blessed with good weather.
There is no such thing as a bad motorcycle.

Honda XR650L Dual-Sport

Big B

#43 Unread post by Big B »

paul246 wrote:We already did this with Honda Valkyries a few years ago, it was called "Thor's Hammer". All four corners of the USA were visited plus various routes throughout the States and Canada. A banner was carried and signed by all riders and the hammer was passed at the same time, lots of fun. The next year the Hammer was passed throughout Europe. The route was timed so that the Hammer entered Canada in May. Our group met the Albertans at the Alberta/Saskatchewan border and we carried it to the guys in North Dakota. We were blessed with good weather.
sounds cool
but that's no reason to not do something like it, 'specially since it's open to all types o' hondas and honda appreciative types :D
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

paul246
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#44 Unread post by paul246 »

Big B wrote:
paul246 wrote:We already did this with Honda Valkyries a few years ago, it was called "Thor's Hammer". All four corners of the USA were visited plus various routes throughout the States and Canada. A banner was carried and signed by all riders and the hammer was passed at the same time, lots of fun. The next year the Hammer was passed throughout Europe. The route was timed so that the Hammer entered Canada in May. Our group met the Albertans at the Alberta/Saskatchewan border and we carried it to the guys in North Dakota. We were blessed with good weather.
sounds cool
but that's no reason to not do something like it, 'specially since it's open to all types o' hondas and honda appreciative types :D
I did not say "not to do it", I was just relating our experience.
There is no such thing as a bad motorcycle.

Honda XR650L Dual-Sport

Seetrout
Elite
Elite

#45 Unread post by Seetrout »

Is this dead in the water?
Not much activity in the last two weeks.
Familiarity breeds contempt.

2004 Honda 599

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#46 Unread post by storysunfolding »

Yeah sorry, between MSF ridercoach training, my physical therapy, work and whatnot I haven't been concentrating too hard on coordinating this. However, with this cold front, God bought me at least a week :laughing:
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#47 Unread post by Shorts »

So I guess my MSF parking lot doesn't count as a "touring destination" eh? :laughing:

Well see where we get. I'm thrilled I can now surely get my Honda somewhere 8)

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin
Keep them doggies movin'

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#48 Unread post by Shorts »

Alright kids, it's a month later. What's the word on Ambitious Tour 07? Still up for it?

It's looking like we'll be able to make some decent rides and I'll gather pics/postcards along the way. If this is a go, I'll send them to story 8)

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#49 Unread post by storysunfolding »

Wow- I totally forgot about this thread. Kind bad for the thread starter eh? :oops:

I'm ready to ride. We can keep the same beginning we had before or anyone who wants to ride towards DC can meet me halfway 8)
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#50 Unread post by dr_bar »

Well, I WAS going to DC... :roll:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.