New bike

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

New bike

#1 Unread post by roscowgo »

Just got a slightly used c50 today. 4k on the clock...and a big bug eatin grin on my face.

Got the gf to sit on the lil silver n black darlin...(she's been dubbed Buelah btw)...first comment was Wow. Second was, this isnt NEARLY as intimidating as i thought. I can see one of these being my main mode of trasportation. MSF here we come.

Was actually a spur of the moment decision by the gf.... have i mentioned i love her yet?..... we're house/car hunting...for some reason she just up and said...find a good deal. you can get a bike. My mouth dropped open, i hustled her to the car and away we went.

Now for a short review...c50...comfy as heck. Seat digs just a little into my inner thigh, no biggie. GF is very comfy on the pillion rather small pillion. I tried it and it wanted to make me sing soprano. Will most likely be getting an aftermarket one with a bigger pillion pad. Power..Plenty. So thats what its like to have grunt at the low end. shaft driven. fuel injected, 4.1 gallon tank. middling loud aftermarket pipes, not very obnoxious.... just pleasant. 2 trip meters. clock, and a kind of spartan speedometer. Will probably put a small tach and some sort of windshield on it. Came with floorboards and a heel/toe shift. Nifty once i quit using the back pedal as a peg. Muscle memory is a pain.

Felt way way way steady at 60+. a bit wobbly at low speed, but practice will solve that. Heavy as sin though. couple of things i dont like. Key location.....front right kind of under the tank. And if you put the fork lock on the turn signals still operate. Otherwise...an absolute comfy capable hoot. Full coverage came to 275/year.

all in all. Love the gf. love the bike. I'm a blessed pampered man. Thank you jesus.

Anyone know the size of the forks on one of these monsters? Friend of mine has a screen that mounts to 41mm forks..... Found a manual that lists down to the stroke length but not tube size. grrrrr.

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#2 Unread post by roscowgo »

Moto....don't even start with me.

:evil:

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

#3 Unread post by Apollofrost »

I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#4 Unread post by MotoF150 »

Im not going to start with you, just some friendly advice, pull the driveshaft and lube both ends of the splines with a good moly based grease.
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 09 Yamaha Tmax, 08 Suzuki King Quad 750

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#5 Unread post by Sev »

Grats dude, keep the stories coming!
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#6 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

:woot: :happybikeday: :woot:

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#7 Unread post by Wrider »

Hey, about the parking lights staying on... The four modes of the switch are Bike on (full forward), bike off (close but not quite forward), steering lock (way back there) and parking lights with steering lock (last option) The first couple of times I put my steering lock on, I also tossed in the parking lights... Just push it forward one click without pushing the key in too far, and it'll stay there, steering lock on, parking lights off...
Wrider
Oh, and Happy Bike Day!!!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

tchaftantouri
Regular
Regular

#8 Unread post by tchaftantouri »

Congrats.
Have fun. :)
Kick to start.

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#9 Unread post by roscowgo »

Hehehe. i'm all aflutter about it.

Thanks for the tip about the lock and the lights. I'll fiddle with it and find out more about it.

It was kind of a surprise purchse, so i had None of the stuff i needed here. No helmet, way to secure the thing, (went with one of those python locks and tied it up to a big arsed heat exchanger.

Must have also been all google eyed at the dealers... they charged me full price for a sticker that runs out in july. i'll be after fixin that.

I can't describe what it feels like to be able to push the starter and have the thing just...fire up. I'm so used to the old kat.... prime for a sec, crank it over, hover the hand near the choke...ok is it gonna run.....god did i remember to put all the bolts back in etc etc..

It's gotta be xmas. Surely only christmas could put this big of a grin on my face.

Fathertork
Elite
Elite

#10 Unread post by Fathertork »

It's suppossed to but that grinn on ur face....Congrats
06 FLHTCI Classic