New exhaust pipe

Custom
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

New exhaust pipe

#1 Unread post by Custom »

just installed my D&D pipe on my bike holy loud batman, didn't expect it too be that loud, its basiclly a straight pipe. i think i'm going too remove it don't know yet.

also install those intigraded turnsignal/ rear brake lights. they look awsome. and there DOT approved.
04 GSX-R1000
04 GSX-R600 -SOLD

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by KarateChick »

Maybe it's just loud to you as you aren't used to it? Don't be hasty with the removal

Pics?...pics?... pics?? :stickpoke: (hahaha) Oh yeah, maybe you can come by & do up my rear brake turn signal integration too :P what, less than a 3 hr ride from Calgary...oh wait, think there's snow on Hwy 2 today :?
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

Custom
Elite
Elite

#3 Unread post by Custom »

KarateChick wrote:Maybe it's just loud to you as you aren't used to it? Don't be hasty with the removal
Ya i think i might wait a bit too see if it bugs the guys i ride with, but i had a full hindle system on my old bike and the D&D pipe is twice as loud

KarateChick wrote:Pics?...pics?... pics?? (hahaha) Oh yeah, maybe you can come by & do up my rear brake turn signal integration too what, less than a 3 hr ride from Calgary...oh wait, think there's snow on Hwy 2 today
i will post pics when i get home, and they aren't that bad too install(on my bike), just had too remove, the front seat, the tail section , plug in the brake lights and cut the positive wires of the turn lights and connect them. and the lights were under 100 bucks
04 GSX-R1000
04 GSX-R600 -SOLD

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#4 Unread post by fireguzzi »

A classmate of mine had a D&D on his fz1. We did a bunch of dyno runs on it and it was EXTREMELY loud. The automotive classes down the hall said they had to just stop class and wait for our dyno run to be over before they could do anything. :twisted:
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

Custom
Elite
Elite

#5 Unread post by Custom »

04 GSX-R1000
04 GSX-R600 -SOLD

RideYourRide
Elite
Elite

#6 Unread post by RideYourRide »

Is it "hear it a block away" loud or "hear it echoing off the sides of the mountains when you get on it" loud?
[img]http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1189/newsig2al8.jpg[/img]
98 VFR, 07 200 XC-W, 86 RM125, 88 VTR250 project bike
motorcycle vlogs: http://livevideo.com/rideyourride

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#7 Unread post by Shorts »

How about a sound clip we can vote on??? :D

JCS
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#8 Unread post by JCS »

Every D&D I have ever heard is LOUD! I have ridden with people with D&D's and make it a point not to get behind them.
I would be the old, slow guy. Just let me know where you are going and I'll try to get there before you leave.

Custom
Elite
Elite

#9 Unread post by Custom »

Shorts wrote:How about a sound clip we can vote on??? :D
i am waiting for my charger for my video cam but when i get it i will but a clip up
04 GSX-R1000
04 GSX-R600 -SOLD

Bubba
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

Re: New exhaust pipe

#10 Unread post by Bubba »

Custom wrote:just installed my D&D pipe on my bike holy loud batman, didn't expect it too be that loud, its basiclly a straight pipe. i think i'm going too remove it don't know yet. also install those intigraded turnsignal/ rear brake lights. they look awsome. and there DOT approved.
Sorry guys, but I've found "loud pipes" to be nothing but annoying to guys riding with you and to the general citizen.
I like to hear a nice low rumble, but riding behind a bike with straight pipes or trying to sleep at night and hearing bikes a half mile away keeping you awake, just isn't my cup of tea.
As professed by some, loud piped DO NOT make it safer to ride. They just give the rest of us a bad rep.
2004 Yamaha Midnight Silverado
<-------------------------------------