I like too guess weather its running or not
9%

Total votes: 159

Custom
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by Custom »

RideYourRide wrote:The young kids down the street think it's funny when I hammer it going past their house. I aim to please. :laughing:
haha, i was riding last season in a neighbourhood going past some teens, and they made gesters and signs to rev up to bike , weelie that sort of thing so when i went past them like 4 feet away from them i pull the clutch and let that full hindle system screem and the others i was riding with did the same thing. we looked back and they were giving us a different sign and covering there ears.
04 GSX-R1000
04 GSX-R600 -SOLD

Ian522
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#12 Unread post by Ian522 »

I like bikes with a nice ballsy tone, be it a big v-twin harley, british twin, or a inline-4 sport bike. Loud enough so people hear you coming, yet not so loud as to "pee" off the neighbors and attract cops. My bike has its stock pipes and is pretty quiet but will still set off the occasional car alarm when downshifting.
:twisted:

Flipper
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2010 Ninja 250

#13 Unread post by Flipper »

I like my bike quiet and my clothes loud.
Flipper

2010 Ninja 250
2006 CB600F (sold)
2006 Honda Rebel (sold)

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#14 Unread post by Shorts »

I like a moderate sound, people notice the sound, but it isn't going to get my introuble. Like on my truck, I had a Flowmaster system, but I kept it to the 50 series which is a really toned down version. 1) I didn't want a headache from the exhaust drone in the cabin and 2) I wanted a deeper sound, not louder.

RideYourRide
Elite
Elite

#15 Unread post by RideYourRide »

blues2cruise wrote:I watched a few of your videos. Your countersteering video is probably the best explanantion yet. Seeing it is worth the thousand words everyone seems to need to explain a quite simple technique.

you do without the profanity though. :mrgreen:
It's not lack of vocabulary, it's lack of motivation to use it :laughing: You should hear when I get angry.

EDIT: If it's something you wanted to stickey in the new riders forum, I can make an even simpler, PG rated version that doesn't involve exceeding the speed limit :wink:
[img]http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1189/newsig2al8.jpg[/img]
98 VFR, 07 200 XC-W, 86 RM125, 88 VTR250 project bike
motorcycle vlogs: http://livevideo.com/rideyourride

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#16 Unread post by blues2cruise »

RideYourRide wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:I watched a few of your videos. Your countersteering video is probably the best explanantion yet. Seeing it is worth the thousand words everyone seems to need to explain a quite simple technique.

you do without the profanity though. :mrgreen:
It's not lack of vocabulary, it's lack of motivation to use it :laughing: You should hear when I get angry.

EDIT: If it's something you wanted to stickey in the new riders forum, I can make an even simpler, PG rated version that doesn't involve exceeding the speed limit :wink:
Ask Mike. It might be a good idea. I posted a link to your video in the experienced biker section in the counter steering thread.

basshole
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#17 Unread post by basshole »

Bring on the noise!! I love sound of a good exhaust. 8)
Beer. Helping ugly people get laid since 1853
2006 Suzuki C50 Silver/Gray

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#18 Unread post by roscowgo »

Mine came with what to me are Loud pipes. i really like the note.... and that burbly tuned 15 ways from sunday holy crap this thing sounds like it will dig a hole in the pavement if i so much as look at it wrong Note that they produce.

But just too dang Loud.

In the meantime i find that my insane laughter when my wrist starts tryin to twist the throttle around the grip a 2nd time kinda drowns em out in my own head.

I don't do that anywhere near where there are people though. Thats strictly a backroad "tee-hee" im not gonna aggravate anyone moment.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#19 Unread post by jstark47 »

New Triumph Bonnevilles are strangled by their stock pipes. On a group ride we were all warming up bikes and mine stalled (forgot to pull the choke.) I was talking to the guy on the next bike, and couldn't tell mine wasn't running for 5 minutes..... you couldn't hear the difference over the other bikes!

I now have "TORs" (Triumph Off-Road) pipes. They are loud only in comparison to stock pipes, otherwise they couldn't be considered loud. But they did make the tone deeper and raspier. At least now you can tell the bike is running!
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

badfish89
Elite
Elite

#20 Unread post by badfish89 »

BLEED

loud pipes save lives.