When are they realeasing the 2008 models????

The Doctor
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

When are they realeasing the 2008 models????

#1 Unread post by The Doctor »

I was looking into buying a new Honda 919 but found that it was near to imposible to find one and they dont deliver them anymore so I decided to wait for the 2008 model which I heard they are changing a lot stuff on it. I just wanna know around what dates do they ussually realease the new bikes???

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by Sev »

They should still be making 2007 models and shipping them out.

The 2008 bikes don't normally come out until closer to the end of the season, you're going to miss the whole summer.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Bubba
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

Re: When are they realeasing the 2008 models????

#3 Unread post by Bubba »

The Doctor wrote:I was looking into buying a new Honda 919 but found that it was near to imposible to find one and they dont deliver them anymore so I decided to wait for the 2008 model which I heard they are changing a lot stuff on it. I just wanna know around what dates do they ussually realease the new bikes???
New bikes usually are out around this time. Of course the dealers will try and push the leftover on you first.
2004 Yamaha Midnight Silverado
<-------------------------------------

Jthmeffy
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by Jthmeffy »

Bubba wrote:
The Doctor wrote:I was looking into buying a new Honda 919 but found that it was near to imposible to find one and they dont deliver them anymore so I decided to wait for the 2008 model which I heard they are changing a lot stuff on it. I just wanna know around what dates do they ussually realease the new bikes???
New bikes usually are out around this time. Of course the dealers will try and push the leftover on you first.
:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

new 2007 bikes are out now... good luck finding an '08

are you sure motof150 isnt your hero?
[img]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9378/serenitytake3xs8.jpg[/img]
Suzuki SV650SK6

Bubba
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#5 Unread post by Bubba »

Jthmeffy wrote:
Bubba wrote:
new 2007 bikes are out now... good luck finding an '08 are you sure motof150 isnt your hero?
Did I mention anything about year? Seems the only one with a problem here is you.

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by Sev »

Bubba wrote:
Jthmeffy wrote:
Bubba wrote:
new 2007 bikes are out now... good luck finding an '08 are you sure motof150 isnt your hero?
Did I mention anything about year? Seems the only one with a problem here is you.
Considering he specifically asked about 2008 bikes, your statement can be assumed to be directed towards those bikes. I too took it that way, and found myself very confused as to how they would be releasing bikes for sale that have not even been announced yet.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Big B
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#7 Unread post by Big B »

Bubba wrote:
the only "leftovers" dealers have are 06 models, we're still getting 07 models in. you really do like talking out of your "O Ring", don't you.
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#8 Unread post by Sev »

Big B wrote:
Bubba wrote:
the only "leftovers" dealers have are 06 models, we're still getting 07 models in. you really do like talking out of your "O Ring", don't you.
We've got a couple of new '05 bikes in the store going for discounts.

When I went to buy my first bike in '05 there were still two brand new '02 V-star 650's for sale at one of the shops I went to.

For cruisers this isn't really a big deal, but considering the rate at which sportbikes are changing it becomes very tough to sell old stock after 2 years. For example, I feel kind of sorry for anyone who bought the '06 cbr600rr or ninja600r because there was the HUGE '07 update for both models. Buying a sportbike is starting to seem like buying a new computer, you just hold off as long as you can to get the most possible bike for your money.

Bubba
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#9 Unread post by Bubba »

Sev wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Jthmeffy wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Considering he specifically asked about 2008 bikes, your statement can be assumed to be directed towards those bikes. I too took it that way, and found myself very confused as to how they would be releasing bikes for sale that have not even been announced yet.

Sorry is I confused every one. He asked when the new models come out and I said "around this time" of year. Next time I'll have to be more specific. Sorry I can't come up with the exact time of day. :frusty:

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#10 Unread post by Sev »

New models typically start to show up in the show rooms towards the end of the season. Which is to say the '07s were on the showroom floor towards the end of '06. And will typically be produced through the winter and most of the rest of the '07 year until the '08 bikes start to show up at the end of '07.

If you wanted the new '08 you will miss riding this summer, but may luck out and get it in the fall and still have time to ride.