[b]Your type of Riding?[b]

What type of riding do you usually do? (solo or group)

Do you usually like to joy ride < 100 miles (short distance)
37%
Do you usually like to joy ride > 100 miles? (long distance)
24%
Do you usually ride to the store or equivalent?
9%
Do you usually only ride events?
2%
Do you usually ride across country?
2%
Do you usually bar hop?
No votes
Other (please specify in a post)
26%

Total votes: 82

Murph
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

[b]Your type of Riding?[b]

#1 Unread post by Murph »

This poll is to find out what type of riding you prefer. The rides can be solo or with a goup. I prefer rides longer than 100 miles in a group if time allows, but I do not prefer cross-country riding. I don't think I'm tough enough to handle it, even though I have not tried it..... :unsure:
Ride for the Pleasure, not the looks

Koss
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#2 Unread post by Koss »

I chose other. I use to commute daily to work/school/then back home... that was near 100 miles, sometimes more if I did anything in between on my breaks.

I really don't like rides that are less than hrm... an hour or so. Its like a big tease to me. I'd still choose that over driving either of the cages anyday.

Last week I finally bought a Battery Tender Jr. for my battery. Funny thing is... I bought it solely for my cars, not my bike! :clever:

Havn't really riden in a true group yet, just the usual going in the same direction with some random riders on the street. I think I'd prefer to ride alone... unless I was with a special someone that is really into riding! :inlove:

I would probably enjoy riding with two-four friends... but more than that I doubt I'd enjoy it. I really don't like crowds period... walking or otherwise.
http://www.livevideo.com/Koss

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#3 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

I chose short but, only because that's the majority of my riding. I commute to work on it.

I also enjoy small group riding long distance.

Gadjet
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 19
My Motorcycle: 2020 KTM 200 Duke

#4 Unread post by Gadjet »

Definitely other.

I fall into almost all of the 'categories' listed, with two exceptions:

I never bar hop on the bike, in fact I won't even ride the bike to the bar at all

My 'joy rides' are almost always at least 4 - 6 hours long; basicly a full tank of fuel.

I commute on my bike, run errands on my bike, I've ridden it to Mexico and back (~4000 miles round trip over 6 days, half that in the first 48hrs (see my blog on this forum for the ride report)), and I also do other IBA certified rides and endurance rallies.

I've occasionally ridden in a group, but prefer solo rides, and I rarely do 'events'.
1983 Suzuki GS650GL (sold)
2005 Kawasaki KLR 650 (sold)
2020 KTM 200 Duke
IBA#20953
IG: @greenmanwc

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#5 Unread post by KarateChick »

I will ride anytime I can fit it in solo or group and when I don't have to take someone somewhere: for fun (the term joy ride makes me think of youth stealing cars to get into any manner of bad), errands, work, trips, to the gym, whatever. But NO bar hopping, not my thing.
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

shalihe74
Legendary
Legendary

#6 Unread post by shalihe74 »

I chose other since I'm pretty evenly split between the commuter option (if I don't ride the bike to and from school, I can usually find an excuse to take the bike to a store or something) and short joyrides. I do longer joyrides when I have the time (read: rarely).

I sure hope no one picks the bar hopping option. :scared: We have a pub on campus that I've been known to hang out at, but on nights when I have the bike, I'm a one-beer girl. :beer:
[b][i]"Good girls go to heaven. Bad ones go to hell. And girls on fast bikes go anywhere they want." [/i]

2009 Triumph Sprint ST - daily commuter
2006 Triumph Daytona 675 - track bike
1999 Suzuki SV650 - track training bike[/b]

scan
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

#7 Unread post by scan »

I enjoy riding greater than 100 miles at a time, but don't often have the time. I take a few long trips a year to try to meet that need. I also ride to work whenever the weather is better than 50 F and if it is going to be most likely a dry day. When it is better than 70 F I'll even deal with the rain, since the cold is what make wet so unpleasent to me. If I don't need to carry too much, I'll use the bike for errands. Many times I ride less than 100 miles just so I can sneak in a little ride in an evening, or during the day when Loonette and I are splitting time to get out while the other of us is doing kid duty. So other was my answer.
* 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R *
"What good fortune for those of us in power that people do not think. " Hitler - think about that one for a minute.

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#8 Unread post by jonnythan »

I chose short joy rides even though I commute..

Cause, as far as I'm concerned, my commute is a daily joy ride :)
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#9 Unread post by dr_bar »

I chose other because I ride just about all of those ways combined... :roll:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#10 Unread post by blues2cruise »

All of the above with the exception of bar hopping. I have better things to do with my time and energy.