Great Day.

BlueBomber
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

Great Day.

#1 Unread post by BlueBomber »

I worked all weekend, and it was "Real Purdy Like" all weekend, and I got to look at it out the window and just DIE inside from not being able to ride.

Well I had today off, and I went RIDING. Had some fun around town for a bit, then took off (after calling a friend and inviting him out to lunch) towards The City (DUN DUN DUN). I got on the NYS Thruway (toll road) fumbled around trying to get my ticket (the toll booth ticket, not a speeding ticket) into my tank bag without causing too much trouble (I had my bag too close to me and couldn't find the zipper pull as it was buried in my jacket and such. I got smart on the way off and pulled over before the toll booth and found the ticket, found my dollar bill, got it all straightened out THEN went the 100 feet to the toll booth.

By the way, windy day, no windshield, never having ridden at those speeds for any amount of time...being a huge fat man that just CATCHES THE WIND. It makes it pretty tiring to go like 20-30 miles on a fast road like that. But it wasn't bad, and it made me REALLY appreciate being at lower speeds in the city.

By the way, motorcycles + city traffic = AWESOME. There's a lot more places you can switch lanes, and you can see better (if you're looking that is) and the ability to just zip over and take off is just amazing.

Anyway, so I met a friend at a place I never get to go! Indian food! Oh man I ate WAY too much (remember? fat guy. I've been on a diet, so I actually didn't eat THAT much just a lot more than i HAVE BEEN and it was enough to make me feel over full)

Then a REALLY PRETTY ride home on the scenic route, rode parallel to the Erie Canal for a while and it was nice. One small thing that really made me smile was that I was riding under and overpass, and I could see these pretty birds flying around under there and nesting above the support column, it's something I wouldn't have seen in a car, and it made me feel much more...outside I guess.

Then I hit the gym, good workout, and watched The Royal Tannenbaums, and My Super Ex-Girlfriend with my girlfriend.

All in all, good day.

\/\/
Suzuki Boulevard M50 - Bright Blue

IcyHound
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#2 Unread post by IcyHound »

I try to stick to light meals in the bike, helps with sliming down! My b/f ate to much our first ride, poor thing was a bit uncomfortable on the ride back home.
------------------------
Kawasaki Fangirl
I ride Mantis - Yamaha FZ6

choccy
Regular
Regular

#3 Unread post by choccy »

IcyHound wrote:I try to stick to light meals in the bike, helps with sliming down! My b/f ate to much our first ride, poor thing was a bit uncomfortable on the ride back home.
:shock:

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#4 Unread post by Johnj »

choccy wrote:
IcyHound wrote:I try to stick to light meals in the bike, helps with sliming down! My b/f ate to much our first ride, poor thing was a bit uncomfortable on the ride back home.
:shock:
:laughing:
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#5 Unread post by jstark47 »

I'm leading a RAT pack ride to north Jersey on Saturday, so I'm taking off tomorrow to pre-ride the route. 229 miles round trip, at least 50% twisties, sunny and high of 67 tomorrow. I'm gonna have a good day. :D
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

-Holiday
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#6 Unread post by -Holiday »

jstark47 wrote:I'm leading a RAT pack ride to north Jersey on Saturday, so I'm taking off tomorrow to pre-ride the route. 229 miles round trip, at least 50% twisties, sunny and high of 67 tomorrow. I'm gonna have a good day. :D
whats the RAT pack, aside from some dead singers?
2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200s
Vespa Rally 200 in pieces

[img]http://www.brian-payne.com/bikes/VisitedStatesMap.jpg[/img]

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#7 Unread post by jstark47 »

-Holiday wrote:whats the RAT pack, aside from some dead singers?
RAT = Riders Association of Triumph. Kind of like the Triumph equivalent to HOG. A local chapter is a pack. Ours is headquartered at Mt. Holly Kawasaki/Suzuki/Triumph/KTM.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

BlueBomber
Elite
Elite

#8 Unread post by BlueBomber »

jstark47 wrote:
-Holiday wrote:whats the RAT pack, aside from some dead singers?
RAT = Riders Association of Triumph. Kind of like the Triumph equivalent to HOG. A local chapter is a pack. Ours is headquartered at Mt. Holly Kawasaki/Suzuki/Triumph/KTM.
someday me and a speed triple will be all ABOUT that ;)

\/\/
Suzuki Boulevard M50 - Bright Blue