flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

Opinoin on cost of Sissy bar

#1 Unread post by flw »

I got a price from a dealer on a Sissy bar and adapter plates for just under $300 including tax. For new, thats the best I could find even on the net. Its for a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD or EN500C.

Is this reasonable for a sissy bar? I'm concerned about buying used and its missing some critical part or is for a older version of my bike.

Thoughts? Should I stick away from Ebay?
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

niterider
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#2 Unread post by niterider »

I have a 750 vulcan and add ons for it are hard to find. I paid , in my opinion, a lot of money for what I found. 180$ for a light bar and two lights. 160$ for a luggage rack that goes over the rear light. 140$ for an engine guard. I don't think it is reasonable, but that is all I could find and I wanted them.
1993 750 Vulcan
one seater
ear shave, pod filters
rear turn signal relocation
lowered rear 2" soft tail
converted to manuel cam chain tensioner
horn relocation

t_bonee
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#3 Unread post by t_bonee »

That sounds about right. It's pretty much the same as what I paid for mine on my Vulcan 900.
A dog had his chain reduced one link at a time, every few days, until his chain was so short he could barely move. He never resisted because he was conditioned to the loss of his freedom slowly, over time. Are we in this country becoming like the dog?

Scott58
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#4 Unread post by Scott58 »

Don't ask me. I hate the price of everything new when it comes to bikes.
05 Honda Rebel
04 Spitfire Cub-24
05Suzuki S50

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#5 Unread post by roscowgo »

Are those prices reasonable? No.

But they do sound about normal.

Venarius
Elite
Elite

#6 Unread post by Venarius »

Well it sounds like you are going through Kawi themselves and not an aftermarket dealer. When I got my Honda Deluxe sissy bar and luggage carrier setup I paid close to $280, going aftermarket I could have only spent $150 or so...but in my case I decided I liked the looks and fit of the Honda setup better, and worth the cost.

So it's up to you...I like mine though :)
2003 VTX1800 S

[img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/652/dsc02646sr3.jpg[/img]

t_bonee
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#7 Unread post by t_bonee »

Unfortunately when I got my Vulcan 900, since it was a new model, there were only Kawasaki accessories available for it. And damn few of those. But even since more after market stuff has been available, I've priced the sissy bars to see if i got ripped and even the after market ones are only $20 maybe $30 dollars cheaper. So I don't feel so bad.
A dog had his chain reduced one link at a time, every few days, until his chain was so short he could barely move. He never resisted because he was conditioned to the loss of his freedom slowly, over time. Are we in this country becoming like the dog?

nyrblue35
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

Re: Opinoin on cost of Sissy bar

#8 Unread post by nyrblue35 »

flw wrote:I got a price from a dealer on a Sissy bar and adapter plates for just under $300 including tax. For new, thats the best I could find even on the net. Its for a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD or EN500C.

Is this reasonable for a sissy bar? I'm concerned about buying used and its missing some critical part or is for a older version of my bike.

Thoughts? Should I stick away from Ebay?
i just bought from ron green and i had a good experience. mines for a 1600 classic (i paid 176.00!! much cheaper than most places!!) but this is for your bike.

http://www.rongreenesportscenter.com/es ... CKREST.htm
See my bike and accessories at
www.CruiserCustomizing.com/nyrblue35

andrwhock
Veteran
Veteran

#9 Unread post by andrwhock »

Pretty much no price is reasonable on anything ever.... but those do sound like they are around what I'd expect to pay... sheesh, why is everything so expensive

cmartiny
Rookie
Rookie

#10 Unread post by cmartiny »

I have been looking for a sissy-bar/backrest for my 2007 VLX1300R.. I have only been able to find 1 for UNDER $300... :-(