difference between Vulcan Classic & Nomad

sqdqo
Rookie
Rookie

difference between Vulcan Classic & Nomad

#1 Unread post by sqdqo »

What is the difference between the Vulcan Classic & Nomad. What upgrades has Kawasaki added over the production years should a person look at if your having to buy used?

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

Re: difference between Vulcan Classic & Nomad

#2 Unread post by Gummiente »

sqdqo wrote:What is the difference between the Vulcan Classic & Nomad. What upgrades has Kawasaki added over the production years should a person look at if your having to buy used?
They're the same bike - the Nomad is a Classic with a big windshield and hard saddlebags.

Avoid the pre-'99 models unless they've already had the oil pump gear upgraded from plastic to steel, as that was the only Achille's Heel of an otherwise excellent motor. The Classic, Nomad and Drifter (1500) are all very good bikes and there is a large aftermarket that caters to them. Check out the VROC site for tons of info on them and owner testimonials.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

Re: difference between Vulcan Classic & Nomad

#3 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

Gummiente wrote:
sqdqo wrote:What is the difference between the Vulcan Classic & Nomad. What upgrades has Kawasaki added over the production years should a person look at if your having to buy used?
They're the same bike - the Nomad is a Classic with a big windshield and hard saddlebags.

Avoid the pre-'99 models unless they've already had the oil pump gear upgraded from plastic to steel, as that was the only Achille's Heel of an otherwise excellent motor. The Classic, Nomad and Drifter (1500) are all very good bikes and there is a large aftermarket that caters to them. Check out the VROC site for tons of info on them and owner testimonials.
Ditto....

VROC rock's for that type of info but Gummiente pretty much sumed it up.
2006 VTX 1300 R

Life looks alot better through a set of handlebars!!

KingRobb
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 25
My Motorcycle: 2004 HD Road King

#4 Unread post by KingRobb »

http://totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=24406

here is a good vulcan if you are looking
Dyin'? Boy, he can have this little life any time he wants to. Do ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, ol' timer. Let me know you're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it.

-Cool Hand Luke

AZRider
Elite
Elite

#5 Unread post by AZRider »

Cont know how "used" your looking at, But the Nad has a different steering geometry than the classic. Less rake I believe. This allows it to handle better at parking lot speeds. Dont know when they started doing this.
Kawi VN1600

I dont give a damn what the name on the bike is..........Just ride it.

AZRider: Never met a bike he didnt like.