My mom

buckwheat15
Regular
Regular

My mom

#1 Unread post by buckwheat15 »

my mom said that I cant get a bike until I am 18 I have been talking to her for a few weeks now I already tried the "does good on gas" and the " dad had one when he was young" and " im responsible" and "i ride dirt bikes all the time"
any other ideas to make bikes sound better to my mom

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by Shorts »

So who's paying for the bike and insurance?

There's been a lot of 'convincing mom' threads. The without going into much detail... you live in your parents house, obey their rules. Or move out, get a job and pay your own way, and buy your motorcycle.

I know, not what you wanted to hear, huh?

Axman
Veteran
Veteran

#3 Unread post by Axman »

Tell your mom that you'll pay for everything!!!!

erbgottie
Legendary
Legendary
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 honda RVT1000R

#4 Unread post by erbgottie »

I had a nice mom and dad. Dad rode bikes and thought it was great and mom said no at first, she has been great to me and said I could sell my truck in and get a bike before I went to Boot Camp for the navy in '05 as a gift...........ever since then the addiction just gets worse. Thanks to them, I now own my own paying for everything. Of course, my first bike was a '86 450 Rebel and needed some work :lol: . Good luck man, hope you get to get one
2006 Suzuki SV650S
2003 Honda RC51

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#5 Unread post by roscowgo »

If you live at home..I'd say respect their rules.

If yer out on your own.... why were you asking?

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

Re: My mom

#6 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

buckwheat15 wrote:my mom said that I cant get a bike until I am 18 I have been talking to her for a few weeks now I already tried the "does good on gas" and the " dad had one when he was young" and " im responsible" and "i ride dirt bikes all the time"
any other ideas to make bikes sound better to my mom
How long have you had your CAR license?

Until you've been driving for at least two years (or live where there's NO traffic) - you need at least that long to really get a feel for how stupid people are while driving.

Remember, on a bike, you are at the mercy of the cages... whoever has the most lug nuts wins. It seems like a lifetime, but you'll be 18 before you know it. In the meantime, is a dirt bike a possibility?

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

SHADOW1100T
Elite
Elite

#7 Unread post by SHADOW1100T »

Perhaps it has to do with you being old enough to legally own a vehicle, if your parents have to sign for it it opens up a world of headaches for them if something happens,,, like law suits, it looks like your going to have to wait, save your bucks and get the bike you want, not just *A* bike, take a MSF course before you get it to get somewhat of a idea what you will be up against in the real world and how to handle it, once your out there on your own your learning is just beginning,,,trust me, there's a LOT more than putting it in gear and twisting the throttle,,,,,a lot more.
Ted

buckwheat15
Regular
Regular

#8 Unread post by buckwheat15 »

thx. I planned on taking the msf and practing for a couple of days in a parking lot even before hitting the road

olebiker
Elite
Elite

#9 Unread post by olebiker »

Eighteen seems kinda old to be starting but maybe it's not too late.

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#10 Unread post by ofblong »

olebiker wrote:Eighteen seems kinda old to be starting but maybe it's not too late.
old to be starting what?
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]