New tires

storysunfolding
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#11 Unread post by storysunfolding »

JC Viper wrote:I just get charged the usual hourly fee. Since balancing and changing take almost 2 hours the bill is about $130. They don't charge me extra for not buying the rubber from them. I was surprised at the fee for tire recycling though.
Wow- the expensive shop around here will do both tires, disposal, new valve stems etc for $100 on the bike and $50 off the bike.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

ANDS!
Elite
Elite

#12 Unread post by ANDS! »

I recommend Chapparal for tires (as they've generally had some great deals on tires).

As for getting them mounted, check around - I'm sure you can find a small (reputable) shop to hook you up on that end.

Dichotomous
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#13 Unread post by Dichotomous »

$75 each end if on the bike, $25 if you bring the tire, $15 if you buy through them. $60 each end if you buy them there and if on the bike
[img]http://forum.svrider.com/photoalbum/albums/userpics/19909/bike%20girl%20bannar.JPG[/img]
Theres just something about a blue bike....
Throttle on man, Throttle on....

Flting Duck
Elite
Elite

#14 Unread post by Flting Duck »

Great place to buy MC tires:
http://arizonamoto.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

SW Moto has great prices, free shiipping and good history of customer service. (I'm not an employee - just a satisfied customer who knows many other satisfied customers.)

Important: If this is the first time you've ever ridden on brand new MC tires, be sure to "scrub them in" for the first 100 miles or so. New tires are coated with a waxy substance (mold release compound used to make it easier to get them out of the mold when manufactured) which greatly reduces traction. So you need to ride carefully until you've put some miles on the tires.

As a reminder to myself, I always put a small "x" of blue painting tape on the middle ofthe speedometer for 100 miles or so after I install new rubber.
93 BMW K1100LT "The Green Hornet"
91 BMW K100RS 4V "Kato"
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)

Derail
Elite
Elite

#15 Unread post by Derail »

Thats a good idea. Red scull and cross bones might be more appropriate though :laughing:

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#16 Unread post by Johnj »

New tires won't last long with your bad steering head bearings.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Tennif Shoe
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: VTX 1800c

#17 Unread post by Tennif Shoe »

The shop I go to here in town if you bring in the wheels, and buy the rubber from them they mount and balance for free. I rode in I think they charge me $50 for the install. Cheapest tires I could find too.
03 Honda VTX 1800c
87 Yamaha TT350
86 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 (sold) Have fun in Mexico Mr. Vulcan!

YES my spellin sucks, get over it, or you can be my personal spell check