Brisk

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by Sev »

-20 and icy. FUUUUCK
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#12 Unread post by JC Viper »

fireguzzi wrote:I wonder how well the Piaggio would do in the snow. The front wheels would def be an advantage is handling but would that rear wheel hook up? ( I have no idea I live in GA and it hasn't snowed here in years. not enough anyway) That would be awesome of it were front wheel drive. :D

I read somewhere that Piaggio planned to sell snow tires for the MP3 so maybe it can be done.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

dean owens
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: '06 Yamaha Fz6

#13 Unread post by dean owens »

Brackstone wrote:I still commute to work everyday on my bike.

I only don't ride if it's raining and/or if there is a possibility that ice will be on the road do to a temperature drop + some kind of moisture.
i know i don't count because i'm in north carolina and the high is only 50 today but this is pretty much my philosophy. the only reason i'm driving the truck is because i have to carry something that won't fit on the bike, it's raining (or a good chance of it), or there is potential for ice on the ground. it's actually kinda fun in the cold. except the foggy shield and glasses. too bad my eyes aren't worse and i could get lasik.
Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6 (Faster Blue)

Previous: 1983 Honda GL650 Interstate (given back to previous owner)

Project: 1980 CX500 Custom - making a cafe racer

Magna
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1997 Honda Magna

#14 Unread post by Magna »

I'm on the 49th parallel ( Vancouver ) and although I don't commute, I am out on the bike every opportunity I get !! I certainly dress for it though !!

kellanv
Elite
Elite

#15 Unread post by kellanv »

Texas here...

Its been "cold" here lately...probably low 40's at night...

:-D

We have to deal with 100+ degree summers tho...
[color=red]I know I'm a dick...no need to point that out.[/color]
[img]http://www.kellanvincent.com/sig.jpg[/img]
[color=red]Thanks and Gig 'Em[/color]

Veda
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#16 Unread post by Veda »

Me! Me! Well, somedays. They keep forcasting precipitation and then it turns out clear. :cry:

I must say though, I'm not crazy about navigating rush hour/bumper to bumper traffic in the dark.

Locopez
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 09 HD Electra Glide Classic

#17 Unread post by Locopez »

Well....don't want anyone to think that over here on the left coast that it is not cold! I ride year round.....lucky that I can!!

Every morning this week in the Northern part of CAli....around 5:30 am...it has been under 40...but damm it still is gonna get colder.....

oh well can't being on two wheels!!!! And with gas prices....it is even better!!!!!
07 Suzuki DR650SE & 03 HD FLHT Elctra Glide

Rubber side down....shinny side up!

MrGompers
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#18 Unread post by MrGompers »

I went out on Wednesday for a bit. It was about 40 degrees. Thats about the limit for me since I don't have any heated gear.

After that chilly ride I changed the oil added stabil and did a quick wipe down on the bike. I'm calling it quits for the season. Forecast not looking good for the next few days plus snow on Sunday. Once that sand hits the road its all over.

Here's to hoping we get a couple warm days in January like last year. :gummiente:

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#19 Unread post by jstark47 »

MrGompers wrote:Forecast not looking good for the next few days plus snow on Sunday.
I don't know what's worse: the snow you're going to get up in CT on Sunday, or the sleet/snow/freezing rain combo we're going to get down here in south Jersey.....
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#20 Unread post by JC Viper »

jstark47 wrote:
MrGompers wrote:Forecast not looking good for the next few days plus snow on Sunday.
I don't know what's worse: the snow you're going to get up in CT on Sunday, or the sleet/snow/freezing rain combo we're going to get down here in south Jersey.....
For NYC the chance of it being rain is good. All these buildings and high amount of traffic is good at keeping the temps up.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.