Bulloney

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#41 Unread post by blues2cruise »

People who drink and drive/ride should have their licenses revoked and their vehicles impounded.

Absolutely everyone who has a license knows that drinking and driving is wrong and yet they make a choice to do it anyway.

sv-wolf
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

#42 Unread post by sv-wolf »

shane-o wrote:
Tennif Shoe wrote:
shane-o wrote:The catch is, we can legally buy alcohol at 18, which means come your 18th birthday you can buy as much alcohol as you like and spend your first day on the road solo, lethal combination.
Does this mean drinking and driving is leagal there?

lol

ah

NO !!!

we have some of the strongest penalties for alcohol and driving/riding.

If your Blood alcohol content (BAC) is more than 0.00 on a restricted license and your caught, bye bye license right there on the side of the road for 6 months + you get a month extra for every 0.01 over you are

If you on an unrestricted license and your BAC is 0.05 or over bye bye license right there on the spot 6 moths. And for every 0.01 over 0.05 you are thats an extra month of no license.

0.05 BAC = 2 vessles of beer containing 285mls in the first hour of drinking and one every hour after that, that would put you right on 0.05

Less if your female.

Every cop in australia has the capcity to do a random breath test at anytime any where, not only for alcohol but for drugs as well, the penalty for drugs whiles driving is similar to alcohol.

People here want to hang those in the streets that drink and drive :)

Hiya shane-o

The question then arises, how well are your roads policed? Do you have sufficient cops out there to enforce the law? This is a big issue here in the UK where the obsession with speeding (and making money through fines)has led to a huge increase in funding for speed cameras and a huge withdrawal of funds for traffic police. You rarely see them these days.
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

SBK15
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

#43 Unread post by SBK15 »

blues2cruise wrote:Is Oak Ridge, Tennessee a small town?
It's not that small, our nickname is the "secret city" because back in WW2 Oak ridge was designing the Atomic Bombs, and oak ridge wasn't on any map and we lye between two ridges in a valley. The three plants that designed the Atom bombs are still functionable, and thats where most residents of oak ridge work...if not you, you live in oak ridge and work in Knoxville....
it's actually a pretty neat town
-2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Current Ride
-2007 Suzuki DR650 - Sold
-2007 Kawasaki Eliminator - Sold

Fast Eddy B
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 02 Fazer FZS600

#44 Unread post by Fast Eddy B »

SBK15 wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:Is Oak Ridge, Tennessee a small town?
It's not that small, our nickname is the "secret city" because back in WW2 Oak ridge was designing the Atomic Bombs, and oak ridge wasn't on any map and we lye between two ridges in a valley. The three plants that designed the Atom bombs are still functionable, and thats where most residents of oak ridge work...if not you, you live in oak ridge and work in Knoxville....
it's actually a pretty neat town
Seen any Oak Ridge Boys?
02 Fazer 600

SBK15
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

#45 Unread post by SBK15 »

heard of them, they'll occasionaly have a concert here and there around here..but never been to one.
-2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Current Ride
-2007 Suzuki DR650 - Sold
-2007 Kawasaki Eliminator - Sold

WolfeRules
Rookie
Rookie

#46 Unread post by WolfeRules »

Well on this subject I guess you could say I have a bias because I got my license when I was 15 but there are kids out there capable of being responsible and safe on the road. Here in Texas you can get your license when you are 15 with the restriction of 250cc or smaller, with 32 hours of classroom work, a motorcycle safety class and parental consent. Well I jumped through all the hoops and did best in both the regular and advanced motorcycle safety classes. I was 15 and chose to take the advanced class to be safer. I didn't need to but I thought it would be best if I did.

I have been riding for about 2 months with my license but have been riding my whole life. I go 13 miles down a highway every day to get to the lake for some good after school fishing. I believe that I am more responsible than the majority of the guys here who drive street bikes. I personally am a street bike man but here they think they have no laws. They race in packs of 10 or more down 2 lane streets, in both lanes, and run from the cops when they get caught.

So long story short I think a 15 year old is just as capable as anyone else on the road to be a safe driver.
I am, in fact, a perfect human.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#47 Unread post by blues2cruise »

WolfeRules wrote:Well on this subject I guess you could say I have a bias because I got my license when I was 15 but there are kids out there capable of being responsible and safe on the road. Here in Texas you can get your license when you are 15 with the restriction of 250cc or smaller, with 32 hours of classroom work, a motorcycle safety class and parental consent. Well I jumped through all the hoops and did best in both the regular and advanced motorcycle safety classes. I was 15 and chose to take the advanced class to be safer. I didn't need to but I thought it would be best if I did.

I have been riding for about 2 months with my license but have been riding my whole life. I go 13 miles down a highway every day to get to the lake for some good after school fishing. I believe that I am more responsible than the majority of the guys here who drive street bikes. I personally am a street bike man but here they think they have no laws. They race in packs of 10 or more down 2 lane streets, in both lanes, and run from the cops when they get caught.

So long story short I think a 15 year old is just as capable as anyone else on the road to be a safe driver.
You may be one of the rare teens that is mature enought to handle a vehicle on the road; but the majority cannot.

Bubba
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#48 Unread post by Bubba »

The 16 year old is wise beyond his years.
2004 Yamaha Midnight Silverado
<-------------------------------------

celt
Elite
Elite

#49 Unread post by celt »

blues2cruise wrote: You may be one of the rare teens that is mature enought to handle a vehicle on the road; but the majority cannot.
exactly.

it's easier to make a blanket law forbidding ALL children from driving.

the few "mature" enough are FAR outweighed by the others who are incapable of having the intelligence and responsibility to operate a motor vehicle in public.

on the FLIP SIDE of the coin, however,

i would support a bill that required mandatory written AND driver test every 5 years (along with eye and reflex testing) - which would help get some of the people who are no longer able to drive safely off the roads.

although i might find it annoying and time consuming to have to take the tests every 5 years, i think that it would definitely be good to have the refresher and would definitely make the roads safer.

(now if we could only do something about these killers on cellphones... :frusty: )

Bubba
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#50 Unread post by Bubba »

SBK15 wrote:Why?
Give me a GOOD explanation.
The "reason" is in your question.
2004 Yamaha Midnight Silverado
<-------------------------------------