Good Gloves and BOots?

Pittance
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

Good Gloves and BOots?

#1 Unread post by Pittance »

Ive been going all over town looking for some good gloves. My requirments are a bit steep, so it may be impossible.

I'm looking for a leather glove that can be used in the summer. So some perforations or vents needed. I need carbon fiber (or similar, not plastic or leather) in the knuckles and bonus points if anywhere else. I also need them to be comfortable. Every single pair I've tried on so far have had the seams on the inside of the fingers. That includes Tourmaster Cortech Scarab, Accelerator 2, Icon Merc, and Alpine Stars 90$ short cuffs. I also need them to be under $100. Is this at all possible? Has anyone found anything similar?

I've also been searching, albeit less emphatically, for some good boots. I need leather boots with some form of ankle protection that are comfortable and normal looking (somewhat) enough to wear to work (casual but prof.) and walk around in. Bonus for having any kind of shifter protection. Need to be under $100, or $120ish maybe. I'm so cheap. :p

Thanks for any input.

Gnarlyroad
Veteran
Veteran

Gloves and boots

#2 Unread post by Gnarlyroad »

I changed from a leather glove to a pair of Extrication gloves( used by Fire fighters in Auto extraction) Kevlar palms and finger tips. Kevlar knuckle protection with Kevlar and steel at the first knuckle. Similar to a good set of mechanics gloves but a little better made. Not cheap but one of the best summer riding gloves I've used. For boots to wear to work a good pair of hightop army boots well polished can still look pretty good( course I don't work in an office). Go for the gloves if nothing else.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Re: Gloves and boots

#3 Unread post by dr_bar »

Gnarlyroad wrote:I changed from a leather glove to a pair of Extrication gloves( used by Fire fighters in Auto extraction) Kevlar palms and finger tips. Kevlar knuckle protection with Kevlar and steel at the first knuckle. Similar to a good set of mechanics gloves but a little better made. Not cheap but one of the best summer riding gloves I've used. For boots to wear to work a good pair of hightop army boots well polished can still look pretty good( course I don't work in an office). Go for the gloves if nothing else.
And just where can one pick up such a pair of gloves...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#4 Unread post by Johnj »

You can find these gloves here.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Big B

#5 Unread post by Big B »

icon field armor boots, look normal enough, but are built tough, can be found cheap enough, i think i saw some on an ebay store for about $100
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

NewGuy
Elite
Elite

#6 Unread post by NewGuy »

I reccomend you just get a pair of good work boots, I like Red Wings. If you're going to ride every day get two pairs. It's not good for your boot, and more importantly your feet to wear the same pair of shoes day after day. I make sure that I never wear the same boots/shoes two days in a row. That lets the boot air out, and helps the boot last longer, and is better for your feet.

smakawhat
Regular
Regular

#7 Unread post by smakawhat »

For Gloves, try Held Panther gloves.. definatly a great summer comfy glove.