Wheres the ZR-7S Riders?

Dennis27
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

Wheres the ZR-7S Riders?

#1 Unread post by Dennis27 »

I'm new here.. I went to the Kawasaki Pics page. No one rides a ZR-7S? I'm feeling pretty exclusive.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Wheres the ZR-7S Riders?

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Dennis27 wrote:I'm new here.. I went to the Kawasaki Pics page. No one rides a ZR-7S? I'm feeling pretty exclusive.
Hi Dennis,

:welcome: to the community!

I love the look of the ZR-7S myself and would gladly add one to my garage. :D

But they seem to be a rare bike as even the dealerships here in Calgary don't stock one of the sales floor. Too bad as it is a great bike and a fine example of a mid-sized standard bike.

I have seen a few around town (1 million people) but never very often.

Do you have the blue, red or yellow one?

Feel free to add your Kawasaki ZR-7S to the Kawasaki Pics Gallery. :D

Mike.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Dennis27
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Wheres the ZR-7S Riders?

#3 Unread post by Dennis27 »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
Dennis27 wrote:I'm new here.. I went to the Kawasaki Pics page. No one rides a ZR-7S? I'm feeling pretty exclusive.
Hi Dennis,

:welcome: to the community!

I love the look of the ZR-7S myself and would gladly add one to my garage. :D

But they seem to be a rare bike as even the dealerships here in Calgary don't stock one of the sales floor. Too bad as it is a great bike and a fine example of a mid-sized standard bike.

I have seen a few around town (1 million people) but never very often.

Do you have the blue, red or yellow one?

Feel free to add your Kawasaki ZR-7S to the Kawasaki Pics Gallery. :D

Mike.
Mine is yellow gotta stand out and be seen. Yeah I love it. Its a great all around bike. I'll try and take some pics with the digital camera and post pics as soon as I can.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

:drool:

Drool... I do love the yellow one best. :D It would have been my choice as well.

Mike.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Dennis27
Veteran
Veteran

#5 Unread post by Dennis27 »

totalmotorcycle wrote::drool:

Drool... I do love the yellow one best. :D It would have been my choice as well.

Mike.
lol thanks man!

isnowbrd
Legendary
Legendary

#6 Unread post by isnowbrd »

I've never heard of the ZR-7S, but I am rather new to motorcycling. Is it Kawasaki's version of the Bandit? I ask because I'm familiar with the Bandit and have ridden one before.

The quick search I did shows that the ZR-7S is an in-line four 738cc that puts out about 75bhp. My question is, why does it have about 25bhp less than my ZX-6E despite having a larger engine?

Great looking bike!
ZZR600
VTR250 - Nothing quite like your first love

Dennis27
Veteran
Veteran

#7 Unread post by Dennis27 »

isnowbrd wrote:I've never heard of the ZR-7S, but I am rather new to motorcycling. Is it Kawasaki's version of the Bandit? I ask because I'm familiar with the Bandit and have ridden one before.

The quick search I did shows that the ZR-7S is an in-line four 738cc that puts out about 75bhp. My question is, why does it have about 25bhp less than my ZX-6E despite having a larger engine?

Great looking bike!
Thats a good question.. I wish I had an answer for you (25bhp issue). It is the Kawasaki's version of the Bandit yes. Its actually a little slower than the Bandit but obiviously with the larger engine has a bit more torque than the bandit. My friend rides a bandit and I believe my bike is slighly more nimble as well.

Nibblet99
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#8 Unread post by Nibblet99 »

Interesting... It doesn't seem to appear on the kawasaki websites for either the UK, or the US
Starting out responsibly? - [url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=24730]Clicky[/url]
looking for a forum that advocates race replica, 600cc supersports for learners on public roads? - [url=http://www.google.com]Clicky[/url]

Dennis27
Veteran
Veteran

#9 Unread post by Dennis27 »

Nibblet99 wrote:Interesting... It doesn't seem to appear on the kawasaki websites for either the UK, or the US
Kawasaki has changed the name to the 750-S. I think that was effective in 04' or 05' it is essentialy the same bike.

MASHBY
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2012 Harley ElectraGlide

#10 Unread post by MASHBY »

The Kawasaki ZR-7S.Was the last incarnation of the Z750.I think it was dropped from the UK range a few years ago.I beleive it was only sold in the states for a cuple of seasons.Now the states has the Z750S.I totaly different animal.But Canada still gets the ZR-7S however I think this is the last year.

KAWASKI ZR-7S
Four Wheels Good Two Wheels Better