1980 HONDA CM400E

PsychoRelic
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male

1980 HONDA CM400E

#1 Unread post by PsychoRelic »

I am the original owner of a 1980 Black Honda CM400E, that I have not ridden and has been in my garage for the longest of time. It has 4900 Miles on it, REALLY! There are still those little hairs on the tires.

I would like to know its worth.

Is a replacement tank available, mine is in good condition, altho rusted inside, and I would like to replace the rear signal assembly, as one side was broken off in an attemp to steal it.

Any help you can give is really appreciated.

Tom

dweiss
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2009 QLink LG250

#2 Unread post by dweiss »

I have been able to locate new and used parts on Ebay without much difficulty, and I have also located two businesses that sell OEM Honda parts for our 'older' bikes. So, give Ebay a peek...and if I remember to check 'my favorites' on my work PC come Monday, I'll hop back in and give you those two links.

As to your tank, if the rust is not too bad, take it to a shop and have them do an acid flush to your tank. Make sure it is a shop that understands your older bike so they can disconnect the petcock and what-not successfully, so they don't screw up your carbs or get crud in them. I had my tank flushed this way, and it was far less expensive than buying a new tank (I bought the bike used earlier this year).
~Debbie
Debbie Weiss
www.superstitionranch.com
"I don't own my horses, they own me. It is a relationship that I have no plans of changing".

Proud owner of a 2009 QLink LG250
Past owner of a 1982 Honda CM450A

CM400T
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

#3 Unread post by CM400T »

How much it's worth,,, depends on condition. My CM400T is a 1980 and I paid $400 for it. But it sat in a garage for 2 years.
If it is clean and cert. I would say anywhere from $1200 to $2000 depending on your location,,, which I have found makes a big difference.
Try and search for similar bikes for sale and see what they are going for.
Best of luck.