Who wants to come to Africa

HeathersWheels
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by HeathersWheels »

JC Viper wrote:as long as you have a BMW 1200 gs adventure or 650 dakar waiting for me when i get there. :wink:

that way i can tear around the whole continent like ewan.
I see you are inspired by the Long Way Down. I have been watching it. Very good.
Heather
http://www.HeathersWheels.com
be my friend http://www.myspace.com/heatherswheels

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#12 Unread post by JC Viper »

HeathersWheels wrote:
JC Viper wrote:as long as you have a BMW 1200 gs adventure or 650 dakar waiting for me when i get there. :wink:

that way i can tear around the whole continent like ewan.
I see you are inspired by the Long Way Down. I have been watching it. Very good.
No, haven't watched it yet. I always dreamed of going to places where the road isn't always paved. I always loved off-road vehicles like the BMW GS's and Subaru Impreza WRX (favorite rally car). Basically none of my vehicles stay clean and shiny for long.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

Hondagirl
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2008 Honda Motard XR400

HYPERR

#13 Unread post by Hondagirl »

Whereabouts are you in S. Africa?
Honda Motard XR400
Traded: Honda SL230 and Yamaha XJR400

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#14 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

Themadmagazine wrote:
:D
yo, "poo poo", where's the report post button when you need one?

I'm not a mod, but you bet sure as "poo poo" that racism like this is NOT tolerated here.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

RockBottom
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010 BMW R1200R

#15 Unread post by RockBottom »

Ninja Geoff wrote:
Themadmagazine wrote:
yo, "poo poo", where's the report post button when you need one?

I'm not a mod, but you bet sure as "poo poo" that racism like this is NOT tolerated here.
I looked for a way to email the mods when that was first posted but couldn't find one.
I removed it. You can always send a PM to any mod if you think something needs looking at.

Batan
Veteran
Veteran
My Motorcycle: '82/Honda/CB750F

#16 Unread post by Batan »

Themadmagazine wrote:

How about you do the world a favor and castrate yourself?

And to the OP, that's an awesome idea!

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

Re: HYPERR

#17 Unread post by sapaul »

Hondagirl wrote:Whereabouts are you in S. Africa?
I live in a town called Alberton which is 20 Kms from Johannesburg. A bit like the suburbs of a large city.

In Africa though you are never far away from the country side. Aside from the cities that have huge trafffic problems, we have a really good road network that can see you from JHB to Capetown in one day. I recently did this on my GS, fully loaded with The Goose as pillion. Left home 4:30 am and arrived 1400 kms later at 7:00 pm.

God's country is 4 hours away in the Eastern Transvaal area. We still manage to find cheap clean accomadation in these places, approx 33 dollars per night. Food is still cheap and beer even cheaper.

As to the racist comments that I did not see, we have been the Rainbow nation since 1994 and biking in SA does not discriminate between colour.

say what you like, yeah yeah whatever, heard it all before. The rest of the world could learn from our constitution.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

motomac
Regular
Regular

Re: HYPERR

#18 Unread post by motomac »

sapaul wrote:
Hondagirl wrote:Whereabouts are you in S. Africa?
I live in a town called Alberton which is 20 Kms from Johannesburg. A bit like the suburbs of a large city.

In Africa though you are never far away from the country side. Aside from the cities that have huge trafffic problems, we have a really good road network that can see you from JHB to Capetown in one day. I recently did this on my GS, fully loaded with The Goose as pillion. Left home 4:30 am and arrived 1400 kms later at 7:00 pm.

God's country is 4 hours away in the Eastern Transvaal area. We still manage to find cheap clean accomadation in these places, approx 33 dollars per night. Food is still cheap and beer even cheaper.

As to the racist comments that I did not see, we have been the Rainbow nation since 1994 and biking in SA does not discriminate between colour.

say what you like, yeah yeah whatever, heard it all before. The rest of the world could learn from our constitution.
SAPaul,

Looks like a cool idea...hope some folks take you up on it and discover the fabulous country of South Africa. I lived in Jo'burg (Melrose) for 3 years (2001-2004) and loved every single minute of it. I really, really miss those Sunday morning breakfast runs! :D

My wife and I thought seriously about buying a house in Umtentweni to retire in, but the 2003 changes in the foreign residency laws made it nearly impossibly. Otherwise, I'd be sitting in the garden right now, looking out over the Indian Ocean, getting ready for a Friday evening braai, and lovin life!!

To anyone else reading this....I've lived in or visit over 80 countries around the world, and must say South Africa is the most beautiful and diverse country anywhere. It is also motorcycle heaven....on road or trail!

Cheers,

Mac

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#19 Unread post by sapaul »

Thanks Mac, appreciate the comments. I can say one thing about SA peeps. Big time generous people that love to show of the best of what the country has to offer.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#20 Unread post by High_Side »

Sounds like a great deal Sapaul but I likely won't get down your way again for quite some time. It's a great plan for anyone who is willing and able....