Rollin without a helmet is loud and windy

matthew5656
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda VTR

Rollin without a helmet is loud and windy

#1 Unread post by matthew5656 »

I don't like it. I couldn't hear anything, and the bike sounded really harsh and very different.

Although it was much lighter checking the blind spots and keeping my head upright, i'm not sure if it's worth it. I did look cooler, and I felt a little more alive and free than I do with my dome cap on. But oh well, as much as i've been riding this summer, I'll keep the protection. Safety first children!

NightNurse
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

Re: Rollin without a helmet is loud and windy

#2 Unread post by NightNurse »

matthew5656 wrote:I don't like it. I couldn't hear anything, and the bike sounded really harsh and very different.

Although it was much lighter checking the blind spots and keeping my head upright, i'm not sure if it's worth it. I did look cooler, and I felt a little more alive and free than I do with my dome cap on. But oh well, as much as i've been riding this summer, I'll keep the protection. Safety first children!
You looked cooler? No you looked like a dumbazz with a death wish!

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#3 Unread post by MZ33 »

You looked cooler? No you looked like a dumbazz with a death wish!
+1! :laughing:
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010/Ducati/Monster 1100

#4 Unread post by Brackstone »

*Incoming Helmet Safety Law Debate*
:shooting2: :shooting:
Ducati Monster 1100 (Vrooom!!)
Aprilia Shiver 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (sold)

NightNurse
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#5 Unread post by NightNurse »

Brackstone wrote:*Incoming Helmet Safety Law Debate*
:shooting2: :shooting:
LOL! No kidding. I don't give a rats azz if people wear a helmet or not, it's really their choice. But I sure dont think it makes you look cool! Every car that passes you is shaking their head thinking "what a moron".

matthew5656
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda VTR

#6 Unread post by matthew5656 »

Whether we choose to wear a helmet or not, people will always drive by and mutter, "what a dumb idiot for riding as fast as I am driving with out an airbag, seatbelt or crash cage to save them!"

Or 99.8% of the time when I have a helmet strapped on, some people might drive by and say to themselves, "Wow, what a safety freak! He must really value his life. Good for him! He's so much better than all the low-lifers who ride without a helmet!"

And just for the record, people who wear helmets still manage to kill themselves on motorbikes. So if you really insist, and if ya really think about it, motorcycling is a deathwish regardless of one's decision to wear a helmet or not. Like if an 18 wheeler lost his brakes and ended up running you over waiting at a stop light, I'm not sure if a helmet would really save your life. Or any number of fatal occurrences could possibly happen to you, god forbid.

And yes, I am fully aware that a DOT approved helmet will most certainly reduce my risk of death or major head trauma, but my point is that motorcycling will always be and always has been a very dangerous activity regardless of one's safety precaution.

So you don't have to call me names, miss. It's mean and uncalled for.

NightNurse
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#7 Unread post by NightNurse »

matthew5656 wrote:Whether we choose to wear a helmet or not, people will always drive by and mutter, "what a dumb idiot for riding as fast as I am driving with out an airbag, seatbelt or crash cage to save them!"

Or 99.8% of the time when I have a helmet strapped on, some people might drive by and say to themselves, "Wow, what a safety freak! He must really value his life. Good for him! He's so much better than all the low-lifers who ride without a helmet!"

And just for the record, people who wear helmets still manage to kill themselves on motorbikes. So if you really insist, and if ya really think about it, motorcycling is a deathwish regardless of one's decision to wear a helmet or not. Like if an 18 wheeler lost his brakes and ended up running you over waiting at a stop light, I'm not sure if a helmet would really save your life. Or any number of fatal occurrences could possibly happen to you, god forbid.

And yes, I am fully aware that a DOT approved helmet will most certainly reduce my risk of death or major head trauma, but my point is that motorcycling will always be and always has been a very dangerous activity regardless of one's safety precaution.

So you don't have to call me names, miss. It's mean and uncalled for.
Oh don't be so sensitive! I know a helmet won't save a life obviously! But it sure can help if you wreck.

HeathersWheels
Elite
Elite

#8 Unread post by HeathersWheels »

I like wearing a 3/4 helmet with face shield. protects the skull and keeps bugs out of my teeth. :D
Heather
http://www.HeathersWheels.com
be my friend http://www.myspace.com/heatherswheels

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#9 Unread post by HYPERR »

matthew5656 wrote:motorcycling will always be and always has been a very dangerous activity regardless of one's safety precaution.
You consider motorcycling a very dangerous activity? :shock:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

captinamerica
Regular
Regular

harsh words

#10 Unread post by captinamerica »

I dont like to wear a helmet, and i ussually dont. More honestly I dont wear one unless it is cold out. I think its a little harsh to consider me a dumb A**. because there are certain advantages to not wearing one. For the astute rider. such as i can hear someone bearing down on me and have escaped cetain calamity. I think the one who rides up to a light or intersection with out a plan is the dummy. or if you are ridding in the country and you dont plan for the blind idiot that is going to pull out in front of you. IT called awareness and it has saved more lives than any big brother bubble wrap safty bolognia ever has
plan the work then work the plan captain america