here's a useful insurance tip for ya

Monkey
Regular
Regular

here's a useful insurance tip for ya

#1 Unread post by Monkey »

I don't know if it is a tip as much as something that might save you money.

24 yr old male. 83 Honda Nighthawk 650. 1 speeding ticket in the past 3 years. MSF course. Motorcycle license for a total of 3 weeks. Car license for 8 years.

Geico: 521$

Progressive: 135$

I do not work for progressive, but wanted to share that because the Geico quote almost scared me out of buying the 650.
Coverage is not bare minimum, I included roadside assistance, un/under insured motorist, liability is not the least but not the greatest, declined medical for myself.
I always keep it real and call no man mister

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#2 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

damn, that's cheap. I have Safety Insurance. $455, full coverage, $500 deductable, new vehicle replacment. That's for a full year, too.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#3 Unread post by Shorts »

Ehh - I'd hesitate at Progressive just by the way they've handled my sisters case. I don't care how cheap they are.

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#4 Unread post by JC Viper »

Progressive never gave me any hassle when filing a claim. They took care of everything even when I was in a hit and run accident. Plus they were the only company who would insure me at a reasonable price despite being a new driver/ rider.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#5 Unread post by HYPERR »

Shorts wrote:Ehh - I'd hesitate at Progressive just by the way they've handled my sisters case. I don't care how cheap they are.
I deal with insurance companies all the time and Progressive definitely has one of the worst customer service.

Also the rate differs depending on the rider and bikes. For me to insure my 4 bikes, GEICO is significantly less than Progressive.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by Shorts »

JC Viper wrote:Progressive never gave me any hassle when filing a claim. They took care of everything even when I was in a hit and run accident. Plus they were the only company who would insure me at a reasonable price despite being a new driver/ rider.

My sister was hit head on by a DUIing lady on prescription drugs and an SUV back in May. She just got a PARTIAL check this month for half of her expenses. This is good service service? I don't think so. :evil:

Her bike is still sitting mangled in the shop. The driver did hit and run her. I'm just so very mad at the way they handled her case. Years ago I did a claim with them from another person who hit me. It went fine and smooth. But this, recently, no way.

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#7 Unread post by JC Viper »

I guess they handling things differently in different areas. I was redirected to Progressive Northwestern and I got the bike repaired and money for pain and suffering even when I told them that all I got was a bruised knee. It sure took care of the deductible. Geico wanted $4000 to insure a 250cc cruiser and $8000 for car insurance on my own, being under my parents wasn't much cheaper. Progressive took me on despite just getting my license 2 months prior and it was at $1800 for full coverage and low deductible and in NYC no less.

Sorry to hear about your sister. We all have differing experiences with scumbags at insurance offices... like how AETNA/ US Healthcare won't/ make it hard to take care of my medical bills over $10000
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#8 Unread post by ofblong »

JC Viper wrote:I guess they handling things differently in different areas. I was redirected to Progressive Northwestern and I got the bike repaired and money for pain and suffering even when I told them that all I got was a bruised knee. It sure took care of the deductible. Geico wanted $4000 to insure a 250cc cruiser and $8000 for car insurance on my own, being under my parents wasn't much cheaper. Progressive took me on despite just getting my license 2 months prior and it was at $1800 for full coverage and low deductible and in NYC no less.

Sorry to hear about your sister. We all have differing experiences with scumbags at insurance offices... like how AETNA/ US Healthcare won't/ make it hard to take care of my medical bills over $10000
I loved aetna as they were easy to deal with. Blue cross is a friggen pain in my side trying to get them to pay a penny. your insurance is prob that high cause of where you live. State farm was the cheapest for me at $280/yr. progressive wanted $400 and I dont remember what anyone else wanted but they were more.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#9 Unread post by Shorts »

JC, I think so, there are good agents and poor agents in every place. We do our insurance through USAA back home. They've been good to us. Here in JP we use a local carrier that's pretty easy since USAA doesn't cover over seas..

koji52
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#10 Unread post by koji52 »

USAA is the best damn insurance company out there. If anyone ever has USAA, never leave them. They offer a ton of other services and their customer service is top notch in my book....my motorcycle is insured through rider insurance company though...they're a great company too.
2008 HD VRSC-DX Night Rod Special
2008 Buell 1125R