Guess what I had for supper on Saturday night?

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#11 Unread post by HYPERR »

Gummy you look like one mean bad a$$ dude in your avatar but you look like a really nice gentleman in the pics on the thread. :laughing:

Which is the real you? :seesaw:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

motomac
Regular
Regular

Re: Guess what I had for supper on Saturday night?

#12 Unread post by motomac »

RockBottom wrote:
motomac wrote:
Well, I may be very new on here, but must say that my wife now officially hates you!!!! :D :D

She absolutely loves lobster and we can't get it here...only the small claw-less langustas, and they just aren't the same. Whenever we get back to the States, the first thing she starts looking for is a good seafood restaurant.

Okay, I lied -- she doesn't hate you....but she is insanely jealous!

Hope you enjoyed the dinner.

Cheers,

Mac
I can't imagine why Maine lobsters aren't found there. The water in the Gulf is only about 94 degrees this time of year isn't it?
The water is at least that warm, if not moreso. I think it might be just a tad bit warm for the Maine lobsters....like about 50 degrees!!! :D

Cheers,

Mac

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#13 Unread post by Gummiente »

HYPERR wrote:Gummy you look like one mean bad a$$ dude in your avatar but you look like a really nice gentleman in the pics on the thread. :laughing:

Which is the real you? :seesaw:
I have an evil twin. :mrgreen:
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

Gummiente

#14 Unread post by Gummiente »

motomac wrote:Okay, I lied -- she doesn't hate you....but she is insanely jealous!
Oooohh... bet she doesn't want to know that there were 7 lobsters left over after the feast. We had a few no-shows for supper and even though a few people (including me) had two lobsters each, there were just too many lobsters.

NOW she hates me, right? :lol:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

motomac
Regular
Regular

#15 Unread post by motomac »

Gummiente wrote:
motomac wrote:Okay, I lied -- she doesn't hate you....but she is insanely jealous!
Oooohh... bet she doesn't want to know that there were 7 lobsters left over after the feast. We had a few no-shows for supper and even though a few people (including me) had two lobsters each, there were just too many lobsters.

NOW she hates me, right? :lol:
Well.....ummm.......yeah, she does. Sorry...

Also, now I have to promise to take her to a seafood restaurant immediately upon landing in the States next time so she can have one of those things!

So, you're just hanging on by a string for my Christmas card list....

J/K.... Looks like y'all had a great gathering. What do you do with the leftovers....lobster thermador or something? There's never been such a thing as leftovers when large crustaceans show up at our house! :D

Gummiente

#16 Unread post by Gummiente »

motomac wrote:What do you do with the leftovers....lobster thermador or something?
Not sure what lobster thermador is, but I was told that the remaining lobsters were to be made into home made McLobster sandwiches and was assured that they would not go to waste.

BTW, a McLobster sandwich is an actual item in McDonalds restaurants in the Maritimes - it's a chicken salad on a Kaiser bun, but with lobster instead of chicken. Very tasty!
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

motomac
Regular
Regular

#17 Unread post by motomac »

Gummiente wrote:
motomac wrote:What do you do with the leftovers....lobster thermador or something?
Not sure what lobster thermador is, but I was told that the remaining lobsters were to be made into home made McLobster sandwiches and was assured that they would not go to waste.

BTW, a McLobster sandwich is an actual item in McDonalds restaurants in the Maritimes - it's a chicken salad on a Kaiser bun, but with lobster instead of chicken. Very tasty!
I've had lobster thermador a few times, it's a sort of a lobster stew. Or, now that I think about it, maybe the name is something else. Oh well...it certainly isn't the proper way to eat a lobster, that's for sure!

McLobster sandwich....that's great! I'm not going to let that secret out of the bag though... :)

Cheers,

Mac

RockBottom
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010 BMW R1200R

#18 Unread post by RockBottom »

motomac wrote:Also, now I have to promise to take her to a seafood restaurant immediately upon landing in the States next time so she can have one of those things!
If you're in Kuwait City and not out at Arifjan or somewhere, the restaurant in a dhow behind the SAS Radisson on the waterfront puts on a mighty fine spread. No Maine lobster though.

motomac
Regular
Regular

#19 Unread post by motomac »

RockBottom wrote:
motomac wrote:Also, now I have to promise to take her to a seafood restaurant immediately upon landing in the States next time so she can have one of those things!
If you're in Kuwait City and not out at Arifjan or somewhere, the restaurant in a dhow behind the SAS Radisson on the waterfront puts on a mighty fine spread. No Maine lobster though.
Funny, I just posted a couple of photos of that very same dhow in the "Start Your Engines" forum yesterday. I'm not at Arifjan....I'm at the embassy in Bayan and live in Jabriya. I've been to the SAS a few times, but haven't eaten on the ship. Guess I need to try it before we leave here next year...

Sounds like you might be a tad familiar with this area, huh? :D You'll understand when I say the weather is miserable at the moment. About two days ago the winds shifted and are now blowing in off the Gulf, and the himidity is sky-high! It was 119 yesterday with about 65% humidity...which felts like about 140! I can easily handle the standard temps with humidity down around 10-15%, but this is murder!

Even though there is no lobster around here, there certainly are giant prawns when they're in season (like starting very soon). Since Ramadan starts around Sept 1st, I won't have to get up early and fight the crowds at the fish market to get the good ones. Until you've had a prawn the size of an ear of corn, you just haven't lived! :D

Cheers,

Mac

RockBottom
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010 BMW R1200R

#20 Unread post by RockBottom »

motomac wrote:
RockBottom wrote:
Funny, I just posted a couple of photos of that very same dhow in the "Start Your Engines" forum yesterday. I'm not at Arifjan....I'm at the embassy in Bayan and live in Jabriya. I've been to the SAS a few times, but haven't eaten on the ship. Guess I need to try it before we leave here next year...

Sounds like you might be a tad familiar with this area, huh? :D You'll understand when I say the weather is miserable at the moment. About two days ago the winds shifted and are now blowing in off the Gulf, and the himidity is sky-high! It was 119 yesterday with about 65% humidity...which felts like about 140! I can easily handle the standard temps with humidity down around 10-15%, but this is murder!

Even though there is no lobster around here, there certainly are giant prawns when they're in season (like starting very soon). Since Ramadan starts around Sept 1st, I won't have to get up early and fight the crowds at the fish market to get the good ones. Until you've had a prawn the size of an ear of corn, you just haven't lived! :D

Cheers,

Mac
By the way, the regular restaurant in the SAS is excellent and the Chinese restaurant is the best I've ever been to (including Taiwan and Singapore)