Dubai has an all-woman anti-terrorist squad on GSXR1000s

Message
Author
User avatar
Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Posts: 1434
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:21 am
Real Name: Dino
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS
Location: Manila, Philippines

Dubai has an all-woman anti-terrorist squad on GSXR1000s

#1 Unread post by Grey Thumper » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:58 am

Image

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2008/ ... .html#more

"Six women from Dubai's Department of Protective Security and Emergency have been chosen to form the Gulf region's first all-woman quick response team. Quite frankly we're awed. Handpicked as personal bodyguards for ministers, heads of state, political figures like the late Benazir Bhutto and pop stars no less than Beyonce Knowles, each officer has been specially military-trained in counter-terrorism, 9mm marksmanship and anti-riot control.

Dubai being Dubai, these officers can't be on rickety scooters. They have to keep up with all those Bugatti's, so they get black Suzuki GSX-R1000's for patrol bikes as well as the standard slow-poke Yamaha 1200's with panniers, horns and lights.

Sadly, everything in the photos tells us the bike part of this squad may be more style than substance. The most blatant offenses are the giant sticker directly in the line of site while tucking and the absence of goggles so the officers can see while riding at speeds exceeding 15 mph. We could be completely wrong though, and are willing to concede that things like eye protection, proper helmets, combat armor, gloves and wearable communications equipment may have been ditched for their glamour shots at the request of the photographer.

Regardless, creating an all-woman rapid response team with deadly officers, giving them cool uniforms and hoontastic GSX-R1000's for patrol bikes is way cooler than our middle-aged officers on slow over-weight Harley's."
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

User avatar
ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Posts: 2638
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:51 am
Real Name: Ben
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Location: Michigan
Contact:

#2 Unread post by ofblong » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:39 am

shes also not properly using the clutch.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

User avatar
shane-o
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Posts: 741
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:30 am
Real Name: Frilly "TuX" Bobkins
Years Riding: 17
My Motorcycle: VTR1000
Location: The bad lands "Melbourne" :)

#3 Unread post by shane-o » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:43 pm

Thats a woman ??????

r u sure


looks like a shemale to me



anyhooo, I think its great that shemales are in protective services and that they obviously have excellent bike skills, as they dont need to wear any protective gear and open faced helmets on sport bikes.


kool
[url=http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ragingtux.jpg][img]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6403/ragingtux.th.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7103/thhitlerbx91kg4.gif[/img][/url]
By [url=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/su_tux]su_tux[/url]

User avatar
poet
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:12 pm
Sex: Male
Location: Las Vegas

#4 Unread post by poet » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:48 am

shane-o wrote:looks like a shemale to me
How would you know? :wink:
Something you want to share?
http://www.fridgedoor.com/apblmaysunjo.html
-Apache Blessing

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither." paraphrased different ways - Benjamin Franklin ... also Associated to Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Posts: 1434
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:21 am
Real Name: Dino
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS
Location: Manila, Philippines

#5 Unread post by Grey Thumper » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:53 am

I wonder who advised them to use GSXRs. Who in their right mind would recommend a whole day of patrolling and/or a bunch of slow parades on one of those things?
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Posts: 3452
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:42 am

#6 Unread post by Shorts » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:06 am

We could be completely wrong though, and are willing to concede that things like eye protection, proper helmets, combat armor, gloves and wearable communications equipment may have been ditched for their glamour shots at the request of the photographer.
Actually, that'd be way cooler. They'd be hotter too with the element of mystery instead of showing their faces.

koji52
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:59 pm
Sex: Male
Location: Trenton, NJ

#7 Unread post by koji52 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:51 pm

ofblong wrote:shes also not properly using the clutch.

I prefer the three finger clutch squeeze but to each his (or her) own. I don't believe there's is a single proper way to use the clutch as long as the job gets done safely.
2008 HD VRSC-DX Night Rod Special
2008 Buell 1125R

User avatar
JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Posts: 2198
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:12 am
Real Name: JC
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R
Location: New York, NY

#8 Unread post by JC Viper » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:59 pm

There's also a European country that uses CBR FireBlades as police bikes, probably Ireland or Scotland. Germany of course has to use BMW.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

Image

User avatar
fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Posts: 2248
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:00 pm
Real Name: Trevor
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)
Location: Covington, Georgia
Contact:

#9 Unread post by fireguzzi » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:01 pm

Shorts wrote:
We could be completely wrong though, and are willing to concede that things like eye protection, proper helmets, combat armor, gloves and wearable communications equipment may have been ditched for their glamour shots at the request of the photographer.
Actually, that'd be way cooler. They'd be hotter too with the element of mystery instead of showing their faces.
I agree, that would be hotter.
And the fact that you think they would be hotter just raises the hotness level by a thousand. :heat:
:laughing:
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

User avatar
ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Posts: 2638
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:51 am
Real Name: Ben
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Location: Michigan
Contact:

#10 Unread post by ofblong » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:55 pm

koji52 wrote:
ofblong wrote:shes also not properly using the clutch.

I prefer the three finger clutch squeeze but to each his (or her) own. I don't believe there's is a single proper way to use the clutch as long as the job gets done safely.
you have little control when you use the 3 finger compared to the 4. What happens if you get into an accident or somehow squeeze too hard or walk into a wall with that handle bar and that clutch chops that finger off? As the MSF course points out its either put all 4 fingers on or none at all.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

User avatar
Johnj
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3806
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:34 pm
Real Name: Johnny Strabler
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning
Location: Kansas City KS

#11 Unread post by Johnj » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:44 pm

ofblong wrote: What happens if you get into an accident or somehow squeeze too hard or walk into a wall with that handle bar and that clutch chops that finger off?
You get to use the biker name 'Three Finger ofblong'. :lol:
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Image
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Posts: 5285
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:46 pm
Real Name: Ryan
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Contact:

#12 Unread post by Wrider » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:30 pm

ofblong wrote:
koji52 wrote:
ofblong wrote:shes also not properly using the clutch.

I prefer the three finger clutch squeeze but to each his (or her) own. I don't believe there's is a single proper way to use the clutch as long as the job gets done safely.
you have little control when you use the 3 finger compared to the 4. What happens if you get into an accident or somehow squeeze too hard or walk into a wall with that handle bar and that clutch chops that finger off? As the MSF course points out its either put all 4 fingers on or none at all.
Eh I'm going with shorty levers on my next bike... Doesn't matter if I chop em off or if I buy ASV Unbreakables... I figure if I can use the clutch and lock up the front with two fingers what's the point of having 4 fingers on a lever when two can be squeezing the grip/throttle and holding on... haha

Oh, and as for the military women on GSXR1Ks... Now if that's not hot to you and you're attracted to women, you need to get your pulse checked! :laughing:
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Posts: 3452
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:42 am

#13 Unread post by Shorts » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:59 pm

fireguzzi wrote:
Shorts wrote:
We could be completely wrong though, and are willing to concede that things like eye protection, proper helmets, combat armor, gloves and wearable communications equipment may have been ditched for their glamour shots at the request of the photographer.
Actually, that'd be way cooler. They'd be hotter too with the element of mystery instead of showing their faces.
I agree, that would be hotter.
And the fact that you think they would be hotter just raises the hotness level by a thousand. :heat:
:laughing:

lol What can I say, I'm human :P

koji52
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:59 pm
Sex: Male
Location: Trenton, NJ

#14 Unread post by koji52 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:58 pm

ofblong wrote:
koji52 wrote:
ofblong wrote:shes also not properly using the clutch.

I prefer the three finger clutch squeeze but to each his (or her) own. I don't believe there's is a single proper way to use the clutch as long as the job gets done safely.
you have little control when you use the 3 finger compared to the 4. What happens if you get into an accident or somehow squeeze too hard or walk into a wall with that handle bar and that clutch chops that finger off? As the MSF course points out its either put all 4 fingers on or none at all.
I think if the accident is severe enough that my clutch would chop off my pinky, the object hitting the clutch would likely crush my other three fingers and my hand would likely be the least of my worries. I control the bike fine with three fingers and have had enough close calls to feel confident enough to say so.
2008 HD VRSC-DX Night Rod Special
2008 Buell 1125R

User avatar
shane-o
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Posts: 741
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:30 am
Real Name: Frilly "TuX" Bobkins
Years Riding: 17
My Motorcycle: VTR1000
Location: The bad lands "Melbourne" :)

#15 Unread post by shane-o » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:17 am

I use 4 fingers to clutch and 1 or 2 to brake.

My brother uses 2 to clutch and 4 to brake.


I think its just what you do, no real research to say one way of activating the clutch and brake is any better than a any other way.



I still reckon that person on the bike is a not a girl, so Im quite shocked at those of you who think its attractive.
[url=http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ragingtux.jpg][img]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6403/ragingtux.th.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7103/thhitlerbx91kg4.gif[/img][/url]
By [url=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/su_tux]su_tux[/url]

User avatar
ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Posts: 2638
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:51 am
Real Name: Ben
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Location: Michigan
Contact:

#16 Unread post by ofblong » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:49 am

shane-o wrote:I use 4 fingers to clutch and 1 or 2 to brake.

My brother uses 2 to clutch and 4 to brake.


I think its just what you do, no real research to say one way of activating the clutch and brake is any better than a any other way.



I still reckon that person on the bike is a not a girl, so Im quite shocked at those of you who think its attractive.
because the facial features are too smooth to be a man.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

User avatar
JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Posts: 2198
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:12 am
Real Name: JC
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R
Location: New York, NY

#17 Unread post by JC Viper » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:36 pm

ofblong wrote:
shane-o wrote:I use 4 fingers to clutch and 1 or 2 to brake.

My brother uses 2 to clutch and 4 to brake.


I think its just what you do, no real research to say one way of activating the clutch and brake is any better than a any other way.



I still reckon that person on the bike is a not a girl, so Im quite shocked at those of you who think its attractive.
because the facial features are too smooth to be a man.
Same can be said for many asian males such as myself... :laughing:
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

Image

User avatar
shane-o
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Posts: 741
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:30 am
Real Name: Frilly "TuX" Bobkins
Years Riding: 17
My Motorcycle: VTR1000
Location: The bad lands "Melbourne" :)

#18 Unread post by shane-o » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:41 pm

JC Viper wrote:
ofblong wrote:
shane-o wrote:I use 4 fingers to clutch and 1 or 2 to brake.

My brother uses 2 to clutch and 4 to brake.


I think its just what you do, no real research to say one way of activating the clutch and brake is any better than a any other way.



I still reckon that person on the bike is a not a girl, so Im quite shocked at those of you who think its attractive.
because the facial features are too smooth to be a man.
Same can be said for many asian males such as myself... :laughing:


Exactly !!!!!



I need a bit more evidence than smooth facial features Im afraid before I start fantasizing :)





.
[url=http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ragingtux.jpg][img]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6403/ragingtux.th.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7103/thhitlerbx91kg4.gif[/img][/url]
By [url=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/su_tux]su_tux[/url]

User avatar
Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Posts: 1434
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:21 am
Real Name: Dino
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS
Location: Manila, Philippines

#19 Unread post by Grey Thumper » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:39 pm

Some other pics from the original article. They seem female enough.

Image

Image

This seems like a ridiculously cheesy PR ploy though. Can any cops on this site confirm if they're actually trained (or encouraged) to fire a weapon from a moving motorcycle?
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

User avatar
shane-o
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Posts: 741
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:30 am
Real Name: Frilly "TuX" Bobkins
Years Riding: 17
My Motorcycle: VTR1000
Location: The bad lands "Melbourne" :)

#20 Unread post by shane-o » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:03 pm

not only fire a weapon from a moving bike

but


firing said weapon over the head of the rider :) puck that !!!!!!!





Oh and they still look like shemales to me. I need more proof !!




.
[url=http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ragingtux.jpg][img]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6403/ragingtux.th.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7103/thhitlerbx91kg4.gif[/img][/url]
By [url=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/su_tux]su_tux[/url]

Post Reply