decent audio in helmet?

redb1ker
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

If economy is what you are looking for...

#21 Unread post by redb1ker »

I found an amp called CMOY. If you Google it, you will find the instructions to build one (they are usually built in an Altoids tin). I did an Ebay search and found some ready built for around $50 with a volume control and a port for bike power. I love mine. I pug my XM into it and use good earbuds with gel parts for Jabara headsets from Radioshack placed over the top of the bud. The gels are a tight fit over the buds but, it makes the bud fit and stay in your ear a little better. I think this set up would allow for a wired helmet set up, too. It is very simple, not Bluetooth (wired) and, the sound quality has to come from your source (XM, FM, IPOD). I will try to get some pics of this up. I put mine into my tank bad with my XM antenna on my map pocket.
Jay T.
www.ridesafe.today.com

cycleman3763
Rookie
Rookie

#22 Unread post by cycleman3763 »

yeah this is ridiculous. everyone is pissed off about people on their cellphones and you wanna get music and news in yer helmet. you're looking for an ambulance.

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#23 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

cycleman3763 wrote:yeah this is ridiculous. everyone is pissed off about people on their cellphones and you wanna get music and news in yer helmet. you're looking for an ambulance.
Do you listen to the radio in your car? How's this different? New riders should avoid adding any distractions while they're cementing their skills, but - especially for long road trips - I'd go insane without some music/etc. Having access to local weather/traffic comes in real handy as well (with Sirius/XM).

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#24 Unread post by slimcolo »

cycleman3763 wrote:
yeah this is ridiculous. everyone is pissed off about people on their cellphones and you wanna get music and news in yer helmet. you're looking for an ambulance.

Would you rather that he bought a cheap hand held radio and lissen to that while driving.

RhadamYgg
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006/Yamaha/FZ6

#25 Unread post by RhadamYgg »

I think music can work on a bike. And I think music works in a car as well.

Except in rare situations music is a listening experience and not an interactive experience.

The cell phone is always an interactive experience, unless it is your spouse on the line.

:lol:

Now, if you get hyper when you listen to music and its all metal all the time - that might not be a good idea.

RhadamYgg
RhadamYgg / Skydiver / Motorbike Rider / Mountain Climber
FZ6/11302 mi|Suzuki B-King/5178 mi|Ninja 250cc/5300 mi| (rented)ST1300 850 mi
Hoping my kids don't hate me too much in the future.
Random 2003/Corwin 2006/Cordelia and Morrigan 2009