I want a Triumph! Modern Classics Ed.

Big B
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male

I want a Triumph! Modern Classics Ed.

#1 Unread post by Big B »

So you're partial to the new vintage lookin' Triumphs. Well, then. Here is the place to share your favorites.

Like this.

If the wife would let me have two bikes, there'd be one of these in my garage in a heartbeat.
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Well, I really like the look of the Bonneville Myself, and like the looks of the spoke rims on the T100. But I'd have a 1978 standard before with spoke rims and I don't want the issue with running inner-tubes and being stuck with bias-ply tires again...

So, I'm very happy Triumph decided to go with the mag rims on the SE:

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... illeSE.htm

and the Bonneville as well

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... eville.htm

Out of the 2, I'm partial to the Bonneville, white paint job, infact, I'm looking at buying one in the future. I don't like the SE as much due to the lower seat and 2-tone blue paint job.

The only issue is it's pricey for what you get, just a 16.6l tank and NO TACH (what's up with that!!!). But I'll test ride it forsure. :D

Anyone here own a Bonneville and can comment on it?

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#3 Unread post by High_Side »

totalmotorcycle wrote: Out of the 2, I'm partial to the Bonneville, white paint job, infact, I'm looking at buying one in the future. I don't like the SE as much due to the lower seat and 2-tone blue paint job.

The only issue is it's pricey for what you get, just a 16.6l tank and NO TACH (what's up with that!!!). But I'll test ride it forsure. :D

Anyone here own a Bonneville and can comment on it?

Mike
So you wanted a Bonnie, and bought a Wee-strom. I wanted a Speedy and bought the Ducati. Now they're both long gone. I'd say a tour to the factory is in order and we'll pick out our new bikes while we are there. I even know a guy I can free-load off of while I'm in the neighborhood. Whattaya say Mike?

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#4 Unread post by fireguzzi »

I guess I would go with the scrambler if I were to get a modern classic. It just looks like a helluva lotta fun. No rear seat, no B.S., just a go anywhere bike. And with 60 hp you could coax it to do a wheelie. :mrgreen: Might take some clever clutch dumping and engine revving but...

Oh and the high pipes are the shizznit.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... ambler.htm
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote: So you wanted a Bonnie, and bought a Wee-strom. I wanted a Speedy and bought the Ducati. Now they're both long gone. I'd say a tour to the factory is in order and we'll pick out our new bikes while we are there. I even know a guy I can free-load off of while I'm in the neighborhood. Whattaya say Mike?
LOL, funny how that worked out in the end eh? haha

Yes, I'll do a Triumph factory tour, let's do it!! Anyone else want to go?

TRIUMPH FACTORY TOUR
http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/9323.aspx

Triumph offers dealers and R.A.T. packs the opportunity to visit the factory and see the assembly of engines and complete motorcycles at its main Hinckley plant. Customers wishing to join one of these VIP tours should contact their official Triumph dealer for details of any upcoming events.

We also offer a small number of factory tours to individual members of the public. Places for these tours are extremely limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. The available dates for public tours are:

All upcoming tours are fully booked. Please check back for details of future dates. (dang, have to check this page more often! But I'm sure we could get in with Total Motorcycle being Triumph media, maybe even a special tour for us)

Tours listed on this website start at 10am and are free of charge. To book a place, please email tours@triumph.co.uk

Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate requests from individuals or groups wishing to visit the factory at any other times.

Notes for visitors

For security reasons no cameras or recording equipment may be used on the factory tour.

The Triumph Factory Tour involves approximately one hour of walking, including several flights of stairs. Visitors with mobility difficulties should notify us in advance so that provisions can be made.

There are a maximum of four places per application.

There are no age restrictions; however the recommended minimum age is 14 years old. Persons under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.

Health and safety of visitors is paramount. Guidelines must be followed and anyone failing to adhere to the regulations may be ejected from the tour.

The tour lasts for approximately two hours in total. There are no public catering facilities on site and limited WC facilities.
Triumph Factory Tour merchandise is available for sale at the end of the tour.

Triumph reserves the right to cancel or amend any tours.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Big B

#6 Unread post by Big B »

Now that sounds like a hell of a good time! Now, how to convince my wife to let me go to jolly old England.. hmm.... :mrgreen:
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

Social Distortion
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
My Motorcycle: 2004 triumph thruxton

#7 Unread post by Social Distortion »

i picked up an 04 thruxton and im in LOVE!
"Born to Lose and Destined to Fail"

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#8 Unread post by High_Side »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
High_Side wrote: LOL, funny how that worked out in the end eh? haha

Yes, I'll do a Triumph factory tour, let's do it!! Anyone else want to go?
I'm not kidding Mike, I would like to do this. There was a seat sale this weekend where the fare to Heathrow was only $250 (+ $450 for taxes!). My biggest issue is being able to get the time off. I have 6 weeks of holiday to use this year and no idea how I will pull it off. Still, you had better be ready! :mrgreen:

StormRider
Rookie
Rookie

#9 Unread post by StormRider »

The Bonneville SE has been on my short list for a first bike since the specs were released (if I buy new). At 5' 5" the older ones are just too tall for me. I finally got to sit on one today and it fit great. I can't flat-foot both feet at the same time but I can get a solid plant with the balls of both feet. Geting a solid plant with my left foot with my right foot on the peg is easy and comfortable. The riding position was comfortable too.
I think my 4 bike short list is down to 2. The SE and the V Star 950.

joolz
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: '09 VN900 Custom

#10 Unread post by joolz »

I had an 05 Bonnie Nice bike but a little lacking in oomph So I traded it in on a R111 :D
I kiss my dog on the mouth