back from afghanistan bought a 82 suzuki GS750CC now what?

army21b
Rookie
Rookie

back from afghanistan bought a 82 suzuki GS750CC now what?

#1 Unread post by army21b »

Hey everyone I just got back from over seas and bought my first bike. It's a 1982 Suzuki GS 750. this is my first bike and I wanna learn as much as I can and do some modifications on it. First and formost I would like to either paint new pinstriping on or just make it one solid color some of the orange and red pinstriping is pealing. How do I go about doing that? Are there decal pinstriping or do I pinstripe it myself with the right paint? Any other I deas for the look would be great pictures would be appreciated too. Also any ideas for what else I can do to the bike mechanical, electric whatever. I would love the ideas. I just need to get started thanks.[/b]

froldt
Veteran
Veteran

#2 Unread post by froldt »

I've got an 82 750T and loved it when it was running! (stupid carbs!) You can find out more than you ever wanted to know about the GSs over at the GS Resources.
Last edited by froldt on Tue May 12, 2009 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

army21b
Rookie
Rookie

thanks

#3 Unread post by army21b »

I tried clicking on your link but it didnt work is it gsresources.com? I appreciate the help. thanks. Are there any major defects or thing I should replace upfront so I don't run into any problems

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#4 Unread post by Johnj »

Try looking here for the GS Resources page.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

froldt
Veteran
Veteran

#5 Unread post by froldt »

Oops! :oops: edited the link, works now.

The electrical on the older Suzuki's isn't all that great, you might want to check that out.
Otherwise, I can't hink of anything off-hand.

army21b
Rookie
Rookie

great

#6 Unread post by army21b »

Thanks alot. Got on the website. And thanks for the other info. I actually heard that from someone else too. Thanks again.