15th Anniversary Speed Triple

Big B
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male

15th Anniversary Speed Triple

#1 Unread post by Big B »

from the Triumph website www.triumphmotorcycles.com

Triumph is celebrating 15 years of its most successful model with a distinctive new high-specification special edition of the 1050cc Speed Triple. The Speed Triple is so significant to Triumph, that company owner John Bloor has authorised use of his signature on the fuel tank for the very first time on the 15th Anniversary Special Edition.
Adding to the desirability of the new model, each buyer will receive an exclusive Speed Triple 15th Anniversary watch as a special gift. This high-quality timepiece will not be available to buy separately and is only available to purchasers of the bike.

more details here http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/usa/2 ... 10552.aspx
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

Big B

#2 Unread post by Big B »

i have just one thing to say about this bike...:drool:

Big B

#3 Unread post by Big B »

more fun stuff about the Speed Triple SE - from this very website - www.totalmotorcycle.com

2009 Triumph Speed Triple 15th Anniversary Edition

2009 Triumph Speed Triple 15th Anniversary Edition

Triumph celebrates 15 years of the iconic Speed Triple with new special edition

Triumph is celebrating 15 years of its most successful model with a distinctive new high-specification special edition of the 1050cc Speed Triple.

The Speed Triple is the most popular Triumph of the Hinckley era, selling over 35,000 units since being introduced for the 1994 model year. Such is the significance of the Speed Triple to Triumph, company owner John Bloor has authorised use of his signature on the fuel tank for the very first time on the 15th Anniversary Special Edition.

The limited edition model comes in a unique metallic Phantom Black colour scheme, with hand finished red pinstriped wheels to match unique ‘15th Anniversary Special Edition’ decals on the rear bodywork and flyscreen complete the special edition’s sophisticated yet aggressive look.

The Speed Triple 15th Anniversary Special Edition is based on the 2009 Speed Triple and comes equipped with a number of additional items as standard, including a colour matched bellypan and flyscreen. Also included is a stylish and comfortable Gel Seat from the Genuine Triumph Accessories range.

Adding to the desirability of the new model, each buyer will receive an exclusive Speed Triple 15th Anniversary watch as a special gift. This high-quality timepiece will not be available to buy separately and is only available to purchasers of the bike.

Commenting on the special edition, Tue Mantoni, CEO of Triumph Motorcycles, explained: “The Speed Triple has become one of the great success stories of the Triumph Hinckley era and epitomises the evolution that our brand has gone through in that time. A lot of things have happened in the 15 years since the first Speed Triple hit the showrooms but the purity of the concept has remained the same. The bike remains one of the most exciting models on the market today and this limited edition model is a fitting way to pay tribute to a true Triumph icon.”

First hitting the showrooms in February 1994, the three-cylinder Speed Triple has been the quintessential embodiment of Triumph’s British Bulldog spirit. Initially drawing heavily on the influence of the stripped down café racers of the 1960s, the first models were powered by a 98PS version of Triumph’s modular engine and were a regular sight on British race tracks in the thrilling Speed Triple Challenge race series.

Over the years, the Speed Triple evolved to become the definitive factory streetfighter. The arrival of the fuel-injected T509 Speed Triple in 1996 saw the introduction of the radical twin bug-eyed headlights, single-sided swingarm and oval section frame that have become Speed Triple trademarks ever since. In 1998 the streetfighter look was completed with the switch from low-slung clip-ons to the classic tall and wide handlebars. The Speed Triple also hit Hollywood, first in the Matrix and secondly playing a starring role alongside Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible 2. With each generation the Speed Triple has become lighter, more powerful and brimming with even more attitude. Whatever the improvements, the Speed Triple has always remained faithful to the minimalist approach that has gained the bike a cult following around the world.

Weighing in at 189kg and developing 132PS and 105Nm of torque, the 2009 Speed Triple is the lightest and most powerful version to date. With its distinctive triple sound accompanying a muscular linear power delivery that pulls strongly from tickover to red line, combined with precise and agile handling and powerful Brembo radial front caliper brakes, the Speed Triple perfectly embodies the streetfighter spirit and, like most 15 year olds, is most definitely a bike with attitude, vigour and a lust for life.

The Speed Triple 15th Anniversary Special Edition will be available in late February. The price has yet to be confirmed but is expected to be in the region of £8,600 otr.

2009 Triumph Speed Triple 15th Anniversary Edition - UK Specifications
MSRP £8,600

Engine
Type
Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
Capacity
1050cc
Bore/Stroke
79.0 x 71.4mm
Compression Ratio
12.0:1
Fuel System
Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
Transmission
Final Drive
X ring chain
Clutch
Wet, multi-plate
Gearbox
6-speed
Cycle Parts
Frame
Aluminium beam twin spar
Swingarm
Single-sided, alumium alloy with eccentric chain adjuster
Front Wheel
Cast aluminium alloy , multi spoke, 17 x 3.5in
Rear Wheel
Cast aluminium alloy, multi spoke, 17 x 5.5in
Front Tyre
120/70 ZR 17
Rear Tyre
180/55 ZR 17
Front Suspension
Showa 43mm upside down forks with dual rate springs and adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping, 120mm travel
Rear Suspension
Showa Monoshock with adjustable preload and rebound and compression damping, 134mm travel
Front Brakes
Twin 320mm floating discs. Twin Brembo 4 piston 4 pad radial calipers. Radial master cylinder
Rear Brakes
Single 220mm disc, Nissin 2 piston sliding caliper
Dimensions
Length
2,115mm (83.3in)
Width (Handlebars)
780mm (30.7in)
Height
1,250mm (49.2in)
Seat Height
815mm (32.1in)
Wheelbase
1,429mm (56.2in)
Rake/Trail
23.5 degree/84mm
Weight (Dry)
189kg (416lbs)
Fuel Tank Capacity
18 liters (4.0 gal)
Performance (Measured at crankshaft to DIN 70020)
Maximum Power
132PS / 130bhp @ 9,250 rpm
Maximum Torque
105Nm / 77ft.lbf @ 7,550 rpm
Colour

Metallic Phantom Black colour scheme, with hand finished red pinstriped wheels to match unique ‘15th Anniversary Special Edition’ decal

Price

MSRP £8,600

Triumph 2009 Triumph Speed Triple 15th Anniversary Edition Media/Press Release(s):

Triumph celebrates 15 years of the iconic Speed Triple with new special edition
Triumph is celebrating 15 years of its most successful model with a distinctive new high-specification special edition of the 1050cc Speed Triple.
The Speed Triple is the most popular Triumph of the Hinckley era, selling over 35,000 units since being introduced for the 1994 model year. Such is the significance of the Speed Triple to Triumph, company owner John Bloor has authorised use of his signature on the fuel tank for the very first time on the 15th Anniversary Special Edition.
The limited edition model comes in a unique metallic Phantom Black colour scheme, with hand finished red pinstriped wheels to match unique ‘15th Anniversary Special Edition’ decals on the rear bodywork and flyscreen complete the special edition’s sophisticated yet aggressive look.
The Speed Triple 15th Anniversary Special Edition is based on the 2009 Speed Triple and comes equipped with a number of additional items as standard, including a colour matched bellypan and flyscreen. Also included is a stylish and comfortable Gel Seat from the Genuine Triumph Accessories range.
Commenting on the special edition, Tue Mantoni, CEO of Triumph Motorcycles, explained: “The Speed Triple has become one of the great success stories of the Triumph Hinckley era and epitomises the evolution that our brand has gone through in that time. A lot of things have happened in the 15 years since the first Speed Triple hit the showrooms but the purity of the concept has remained the same. The bike remains one of the most exciting models on the market today and this limited edition model is a fitting way to pay tribute to a true Triumph icon.”
First hitting the showrooms in February 1994, the three-cylinder Speed Triple has been the quintessential embodiment of Triumph’s British Bulldog spirit. Initially drawing heavily on the influence of the stripped down café racers of the 1960s, the first models were powered by a 98PS version of Triumph’s modular engine and were a regular sight on British race tracks in the thrilling Speed Triple Challenge race series.
Over the years, the Speed Triple evolved to become the definitive factory streetfighter. The arrival of the fuel-injected T509 Speed Triple in 1996 saw the introduction of the radical twin bug-eyed headlights, single-sided swingarm and oval section frame that have become Speed Triple trademarks ever since. In 1998 the streetfighter look was completed with the switch from low-slung clip-ons to the classic tall and wide handlebars. The Speed Triple also hit Hollywood, first in the Matrix and secondly playing a starring role alongside Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible 2. With each generation the Speed Triple has become lighter, more powerful and brimming with even more attitude. Whatever the improvements, the Speed Triple has always remained faithful to the minimalist approach that has gained the bike a cult following around the world.
Weighing in at 189kg and developing 132PS and 105Nm of torque, the 2009 Speed Triple is the lightest and most powerful version to date. With its distinctive triple sound accompanying a muscular linear power delivery that pulls strongly from tickover to red line, combined with precise and agile handling and powerful Brembo radial front caliper brakes, the Speed Triple perfectly embodies the streetfighter spirit and, like most 15 year olds, is most definitely a bike with attitude, vigour and a lust for life.
The Speed Triple 15th Anniversary Special Edition will be available in late February. The price has yet to be confirmed but is expected to be in the region of £8,600 otr.

super fun pictures found here http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... dition.htm

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

Re: 15th Anniversary Speed Triple

#4 Unread post by mogster »

My bike has just celebrated his 2nd Birthday :bday1: :lol:

So just in case you are not familiar with the model I have revived this post.

:uk: :lol:
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

mogster wrote:My bike has just celebrated his 2nd Birthday :bday1: :lol:

So just in case you are not familiar with the model I have revived this post.

:uk: :lol:
Awww. :D

:bday1: :happybikeday:
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#6 Unread post by HYPERR »

When I bought my Hypermotard, I also considered the Speed Triple. What killed the Speed Triple for me was when I called for an insurance quote, the Speed Triple was about 4x that of the Hyper. :shock:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#7 Unread post by Gummiente »

HYPERR wrote:When I bought my Hypermotard, I also considered the Speed Triple. What killed the Speed Triple for me was when I called for an insurance quote, the Speed Triple was about 4x that of the Hyper. :shock:
The first generation Speed Triple was really little more than a stripped down Daytona, but here in Canada it went on several insurance company blacklists the minute it arrived. I was involved in the Triumph scene at the time and did some investigating; I found out that the word "Speed" in the name was reason enough for companies like State Farm to blacklist it sight unseen. :roll:
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#8 Unread post by HYPERR »

Gummiente wrote:
HYPERR wrote:When I bought my Hypermotard, I also considered the Speed Triple. What killed the Speed Triple for me was when I called for an insurance quote, the Speed Triple was about 4x that of the Hyper. :shock:
The first generation Speed Triple was really little more than a stripped down Daytona, but here in Canada it went on several insurance company blacklists the minute it arrived. I was involved in the Triumph scene at the time and did some investigating; I found out that the word "Speed" in the name was reason enough for companies like State Farm to blacklist it sight unseen. :roll:
Yeah I remember those original Kawasakish Speed Triples. They were more of a standard bike. It didn't become the Hooligan bike it is today until it was brilliantly redesigned to look like a crashed 1986 GSXR. 8)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

Hondagirl
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2008 Honda Motard XR400

#9 Unread post by Hondagirl »

Love this bike. In another color.
Honda Motard XR400
Traded: Honda SL230 and Yamaha XJR400

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#10 Unread post by mogster »

Hondagirl wrote:Love this bike. In another color.

Another colour????

Don't be silly. What could be sexier than black with red accents? :lol:
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land