Mustang Seat on new V-Star 950 or other Yamaha's ?

Granpooba
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

Mustang Seat on new V-Star 950 or other Yamaha's ?

#1 Unread post by Granpooba »

Have been looking at a few aftermarket seats for the V-Star 950. And I am just wondering if anybody has put a Mustang seat on their 950 ? If so, what is your opinion of it, in comparison to the stock seat ?

If you have changed out your stock seat for a Mustang, what Mustang model seat did you opt for ?

Even if you don't have a Mustang seat on a V-Star 950, but you do have one on your Yamaha, I would still be interested in your opinion of the Mustang seats ?

Thank you for your time.

CC Ryder
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2009 Yamaha Vstar

Mustang seat

#2 Unread post by CC Ryder »

I have had my new 950 Vstar for 1 1/2 weeks and have put 1330 klms on it.
When I purchased the bike I had it customized with a Mustang seat. I love it! it does push you forward a little and that is what I wanted. It was the best choice that I ever made.
:D

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Re: Mustang seat

#3 Unread post by dr_bar »

CC Ryder wrote:I have had my new 950 Vstar for 1 1/2 weeks and have put 1330 klms on it.
When I purchased the bike I had it customized with a Mustang seat. I love it! it does push you forward a little and that is what I wanted. It was the best choice that I ever made.
I found that your seat is too far forward for me, and just too hard period, with that said, it's not my butt that sits in that seat... :laughing:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

Granpooba
Regular
Regular

#4 Unread post by Granpooba »

CC Ryder wrote:I have had my new 950 Vstar for 1 1/2 weeks and have put 1330 klms on it.
What are klms ??? Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
And did you opt for the Mustang Seat with or without the backrest ?
I have sat on both seats and must admit that the Mustang seat without the backrest ,did not impress me that much. But, the Mustang seat with the backrest, did seem to offer much more support.

CC Ryder
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2009 Yamaha Vstar

Mustang seat

#5 Unread post by CC Ryder »

I choose the Mustang seat with the back rest and it is very comfortable to sit in. Now I am working on the handle bars, then it will be perfect! :)

Granpooba
Regular
Regular

#6 Unread post by Granpooba »

Have been to the MUSTANG dealer/exhibit three times this week, while AMERICADE has been going on.

Finally bit the bullet and ordered a new MUSTANG seat with backrest for my V-Star 950. Should be here next week as they were sold out at their exhibit here at Lake George.

Now, I can not wait for AMERICADE to be over with, so the quiet countryside can get back to normal. I mean a whole week of bikers. REALLY !!! LOL Last day is today, then I can get back to riding my Yam on our quiet country roads.
:youwish:

Granpooba
Regular
Regular

#7 Unread post by Granpooba »

CC Ryder wrote:I choose the Mustang seat with the back rest and it is very comfortable to sit in. Now I am working on the handle bars, then it will be perfect! :)
Just wondering how the Mustang seat is working out for you ? I have yet to receive mine. Probably be here next week.

I know the stock seat on my 950 would never work out for me. I've hit a few bumps in the road that sent a pretty good pain through my back and kidneys. Was actually wondering if I was going to need a kidney belt. like in the old days, to ride this bike. But when you look at and feel the stock seat on the 950, there is not much support there at all.

Keribelle
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha VStar 1100 Classic

Re: Mustang Seat on new V-Star 950 or other Yamaha's ?

#8 Unread post by Keribelle »

I have the mustang seat on my 2006 V Star and couldn't love it more!! The backseat functions almost like a backrest due to the deep pocket in the front seat. No more aching butt or lower back on long rides!!!

Bottom line, go and sit in the seats at the vendor booths where you can find them (Sturgis, Street Vibrations, etc.) and buy what fits your body and feels good!

havegunjoe
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2004 Yamaha 650 V-Star

#9 Unread post by havegunjoe »

I have a basic Mustang seat I put on my 650 V-Star about a month or so ago. I love it. It makes you sit up a little straighter and seems to help when taking a curve for some reason. My main reason for change was on long trips my back would start to ache after about an hour or so. Not with the Mustang. I highly recomend them.
DEMOCRACY IS 2 WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR DINNER.
LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE.

leeanders
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 52
My Motorcycle: 2012 Yamaha V Star 950

#10 Unread post by leeanders »

For my 950, I ordered an Ultimate Solo Seat......nice seat - very plush, but it pushed me to close to the gas tank......sent the seat back. Sat on a bike with a used Mustang Solo Seat.....similar situation. So I then ordered a Mustang 'Day Rider' Seat. The first ride was a 150 miler.....the seat was great. That's the one I'd recommend you try.