Check this old relic 1972 Kawi 100.

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#11 Unread post by fireguzzi »

Blues, I got what amounts to the the Yamaha version of that. Mine doesnt have the street legal bits but they did make one for the street.
It prob wouldn't be worth much to anyone so don't pay a lot for it and think ya might sell it. I got mine for $50 and all i Had to do was put it together. Well and find and buy an exhaust on Ebay. But if it's not too bad off then I would fix it and ride it on and off road. It would be a blast. The suspension sucks, it might top out at 50 mph, and it'll probably leak oil and widen the hole in the ozone a little everywhere you go. BUT! It is so worth it because they are light and quick and twitchy and FUN.
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

XB08
Legendary
Legendary

#12 Unread post by XB08 »

It is a 2 stroke and all street legel 2 stroke have some value here in the USA if you restore it will most likely have value up there if not let me know I might want to buy it..Ken

PioneerUrban
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2005 Honda Rebel

#13 Unread post by PioneerUrban »

I have a buddy that buys and restores these old bikes. He says that he turns a nice profit with them.

Buy it, get it running and have some fun with it.
Current Ride:

2005 Honda Rebel 250

Used to own:

1992 Kawasaki Ninja 250: Sold
2001 Kawasaki Eliminator 125: Sold

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#14 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Thank you for the feedback everyone. I will pass on the info to my friend.
I don't have a garage to be able to bring it home....I'll suggest it get put on Craigslist or something...

Ryethil
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#15 Unread post by Ryethil »

blues2cruise wrote:Thank you for the feedback everyone. I will pass on the info to my friend.
I don't have a garage to be able to bring it home....I'll suggest it get put on Craigslist or something...
I think that yours is a good decision. no matter how valuable the bike is. If you don't have the wrenching skills to fix it, the cost of restoration is prohibative. I know, I still do restorations and rebuild bikes.
Alex
It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. WtPooh

My First Custom, Late 90's Sportster, Heavily Breathed On, Big Block, S&S HP Heads, Custom High Performance Pipes. Wickedly fast, Uncomfortable, Front end is a jackhammer. Age 18yrs, Still have the bike!

[img]http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab194/Ryethil/user28512_pic25609_1235625747-1.jpg[/img]

PioneerUrban
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2005 Honda Rebel

#16 Unread post by PioneerUrban »

If it were me, I'd offer to buy it. Clean it up, get it running and have some fun on it.
Current Ride:

2005 Honda Rebel 250

Used to own:

1992 Kawasaki Ninja 250: Sold
2001 Kawasaki Eliminator 125: Sold