shane-o
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 17
My Motorcycle: VTR1000

Re: TMW Community Topic: Why I Ride

#21 Unread post by shane-o »

I wanted to vote "other"

You see, I ride because it make my nipples hard and I look good on a bike of course !!!

There was no category that best described what I get out of riding, so I resorted to "excitement".

Please allow for all types when constructing "voting polls" in the future.

Its not all about you !!!

[url=http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ragingtux.jpg][img]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6403/ragingtux.th.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7103/thhitlerbx91kg4.gif[/img][/url]
By [url=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/su_tux]su_tux[/url]

wuyang
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: motorcycle

#22 Unread post by wuyang »

As for me, it is the freedom that make me want to ride. This is also a reason that I joint the motorcycle group --Bleep. But when we ride, the safety is also an important problem we have to pay attention. I have put many bleep on our motorcycle website bleep for all of your information! :laughing:

Note from Moderator.....
No unpaid commercial advertising.
Contact Site Admin to arrange terms
This is your second warning. There is no third warning
Last edited by wuyang on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#23 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

I ride cause I am fhlock JEEP
and I also always wanted to know why dogs stick their heads out of car windows NOW I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there aint nothin like it

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#24 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Sometimes I ride to relax, sometimes I ride to get away from it all, sometimes I ride because I want to pass fast cars. ;)

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

JustMark
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: '06 Honda Nighthawk cb250

#25 Unread post by JustMark »

Being a n00b, most places i ride, its like a brand new road on a bike. Even roads ive driven what seems like a million times in a car, theres always the first time on a bike and its completely different. I wonder why i waited until i was 38 to start riding. its just freakin' cool!!

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#26 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

I picked "fun", since it's sort of the closest. But to be precise, I ride to leave all the stress behind and just relax. When you ride, you're so completely focused on the immediate situation that everything sorta melts away; problems with work, family, bills, whatever.

Granted, an empty, curvy road is preferable, but even if I'm in traffic trying to keep myself from getting killed by cagers, the fact that I'm concentrating so hard on the act of motorcycling means I really can't think about anything else anyway. Being fully absorbed in a task at hand, and excluding everything else in life that isn't immediately relevant, is oddly calming and liberating.

Plus, I also ride to look cool.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#27 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Wow, some truly amazing stories in this thread.

I started riding because I had just married TotalMotorcycle Mike. :thumbsup: Riding was no longer an option... :wink:

He used to put me on the back of the bike (begrudgingly I'd go), drag me around to the motorycle shows and force me to be interested in Total Motorcycle. LOL!

After riding on the back of his for a couple of years I was starting to see the upside of riding. Then one January when we were at the Calgary Motorcycle Show I started to see a different side to biking. All of a sudden I got a thrill and a spark of excitement within me when sitting on bikes and talking to other bikers. I signed up for an MSF course at the show (I went with Too Cool Motorcycle School - they were amazing at calming my fears!).

I continue riding because I love the feeling. I feel empowered, unique and sexy when I'm riding. And who doesn't like a good strong twist of the throttle to enjoy a small bit of danger now and again! :righton:
Andrea :sun:

matthew5656
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda VTR

#28 Unread post by matthew5656 »

Life just isn't fair for anyone, and to me this world certainly feels like too much for what it's truly worth some of the time. But whenever I get on the bike I forget about everything except the road in front of me. It's a relief.

ooook that's a lie, sorry. I just feel like riding because i'm faster than 99% of the other people driving their cages and riding their cruisers.

XB08
Legendary
Legendary

#29 Unread post by XB08 »

I ride because I want too. Enough said

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2012/Harley Davidson/ Iron 883 Ember Red

#30 Unread post by csspostal »

I found this forum most helpful and feel I should let you know why. No one in my family rides the only one that did was my father. He was out of the country for 24 years and finally came back in 2008. He was gone for so long he had to start with the graduated licensing fresh. We took our license test together both passed (he rode for years I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue for him) I signed up for the course (he didn't want too) We were both looking at a Honda Shadow on the Friday and decided to wait till the following week and fill out the credit apps he was in a hurry that day.

He had a heart attack and died 3 days later. I was going to cancel the safety course as I didn't have anyone to ride with. However a mutal friend of ours convinced me riding would be a good way to remember him by. So I took the course 2009 as you know Only bike I could afford is the CBR 125 Student after all Well not much longer Finish classes next week and I'll have my Home and Automation Diploma and a second one for Webdesign.

I'm a lone wolf for riding so to speak as my family only comment when they found out I had the bike was well I guess we know the next one we're going to bury and I hope you signed your organ donor card. So this forum is my adopted family and a way to get some positive engery about riding.
RhadamYgg wrote:I must have a sign on me that says "Never mind, he doesn't need vasoline."