jaskc78
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

So close, but still so far away....

#1 Unread post by jaskc78 »

Found a bike on craigslist...no, I found THE bike on CL. 2007 Road Glide in Black Cherry Pearl. Went and looked at it tonight, absolutely gorgeous.

Selling off the Ninja and Madura for a downpayment and then financing the rest til my bonus check comes in and I can pay off the remainder. This bike is loaded and then some--quick-release passenger backrest and tour pack with backrest, 150-watt stereo upgrade and MP3 player. Dyno-tuned power commander and exhaust, running lights on the engine guard, smoked-lens LED turn signals, tons of accent pieces from the HD flames collection, and is in immaculate condition. This guy seriously had so much stuff to list he just literally had a list of everything he'd done to it in the ad. Hopefully tomorrow I hear back some good news from my bank and I'll be riding it by this weekend. I'll post pics and list all the stuff if I get it, but suffice it to say, $16,000 for this bike is a screamin hot deal.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB
Currently waiting on a new hip before I can get a new bike.

koji52
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#2 Unread post by koji52 »

PICS DUDE PICS!!!! Or the link is good too!

Come on maaaan!
2008 HD VRSC-DX Night Rod Special
2008 Buell 1125R

jaskc78

#3 Unread post by jaskc78 »

Link

Think I'm gonna have to ask my grandma to co-sign with me to get approved for a loan being that it'll be my second vehicle loan with no co-signer. The banks apparently don't like that, and I think the timing might have something to do with it. Unfortunately I don't think they read the part where I'm military and that means they'll get their money even if I have to live off ramen noodles.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB

koji52
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#4 Unread post by koji52 »

Dude I got my loan through USAA...try them before signing anything. You won't need a cosigner and will get a very competitive rate. I have a loan on my truck and picked up a loan for the vrod easily. I love USAA.
2008 Buell 1125R

koji52
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#5 Unread post by koji52 »

Oh yea, and sweet bike. I'm not one for the geezer glides :sofa: but that seems like a pretty reasonable deal.

(I am just joking of course...i'll probably be rolling on one of those in 10 years.)
2008 Buell 1125R

jaskc78

#6 Unread post by jaskc78 »

Yeah, USAA declined me earlier today. They were my first thought since I'm in the military and they seem to have the best grip on the fact that if I'm in the military they'll get their money no matter what.

I should probably check my credit report and see if there's something on there that shouldn't be. This is ridiculous.

koji52
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#7 Unread post by koji52 »

Wow, sorry to hear man. I thought USAA would be the most lenient. I went to a number of lenders for rate quotes. USAA was the lowest. I don't have terrible credit but definately not the best.

You definately should check your score...I didn't know this until just recently, but if information you supply is different than what is reported on your credit report, some lenders automatically decline you. That may be what is hurting you. I check my report monthly just to be sure nothing's gone wrong (which I it has). I pay $11 monthly for the service through my credit card, but to me it's worth it.
2008 Buell 1125R

Ryethil
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#8 Unread post by Ryethil »

koji52 wrote:Oh yea, and sweet bike. I'm not one for the geezer glides :sofa: but that seems like a pretty reasonable deal.

(I am just joking of course...i'll probably be rolling on one of those in 10 years.)
Hey, I tend towards Street Glides and I'm 26 and a woman. The really big Twins are a force of nature. Though I never ridden a Road Glide. Tell us how it rides.

However this one looks like a babe... :D

I'm sorry about you credit problems. Just keep trying, someone always listens in the end. And yes, check your credit report. Those SOBs can't get anything straight.

Good Luck... :thumbsup:
Alex
It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. WtPooh

My First Custom, Late 90's Sportster, Heavily Breathed On, Big Block, S&S HP Heads, Custom High Performance Pipes. Wickedly fast, Uncomfortable, Front end is a jackhammer. Age 18yrs, Still have the bike!

[img]http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab194/Ryethil/user28512_pic25609_1235625747-1.jpg[/img]

jaskc78

#9 Unread post by jaskc78 »

Well, the real shocker was that the bank that I've used since early 2001 and has consistently declined me no matter what approved my loan application. Sent in the information yesterday, so if they shake a leg I could be riding it tonight.

Have quite a few people interested in the trailer and two bites on the Ninja without even posting it to CL. Next up is lowering the asking price on the Madura and then posting to Miata. After that I'll post the Scout and if need be, I'll actually get serious about selling the Ninja even though I'd rather keep it for a commuter bike to keep city miles off the Road Glide and my diesel.

Ryethil
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#10 Unread post by Ryethil »

jaskc78 wrote:Well, the real shocker was that the bank that I've used since early 2001 and has consistently declined me no matter what approved my loan application. Sent in the information yesterday, so if they shake a leg I could be riding it tonight.

Have quite a few people interested in the trailer and two bites on the Ninja without even posting it to CL. Next up is lowering the asking price on the Madura and then posting to Miata. After that I'll post the Scout and if need be, I'll actually get serious about selling the Ninja even though I'd rather keep it for a commuter bike to keep city miles off the Road Glide and my diesel.
Congratulations!!! :clapping:

Not everybody but a big sled will have away of drawing you in and you'll find you drive it everywhere. Even where a smaller bike would be more practical, you fire up the big twin and it will become part of you. Even "practical" people find they either do that or feel somehow noble and cut the bike out of their life. I don't see you as the latter!!!
Alex
It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. WtPooh

My First Custom, Late 90's Sportster, Heavily Breathed On, Big Block, S&S HP Heads, Custom High Performance Pipes. Wickedly fast, Uncomfortable, Front end is a jackhammer. Age 18yrs, Still have the bike!

[img]http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab194/Ryethil/user28512_pic25609_1235625747-1.jpg[/img]