Safer Salute to Fellow Bikers

CamSA
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

#31 Unread post by CamSA »

I do both when is safe to do so, sometmes when pulled over for a rest stop or smoke break I have had other bikers pull off for a chat or a smoke. Its real cool. Funny story I read a couple of months ago a fellow biker wave to a rider with 2 up, further on down the road when he pull into a gas station for fuel he was confront by a mean looking guy who thought he was waving at his woman on the back of him. I guess you get all types lol
M50 Boulevard
KDX 250
CB 650
CBF750
GSE 550
XT250
TS185

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

Re: Safer Salute to Fellow Bikers

#32 Unread post by High_Side »

bandit600 wrote: I'm trying to start a movement...
You talk like this is something new??????

bandit600
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 10

Re: Safer Salute to Fellow Bikers

#33 Unread post by bandit600 »

High_Side wrote:
bandit600 wrote: I'm trying to start a movement...
You talk like this is something new??????
Gee whiz, that's a lot of question marks, you'de have thought I was trying to take credit for the concept of saying hello :D

No, it was a joke but also the vast majority seem to do the hand wave so it would be neat if a head nod became the defacto standard and it was all thanks to this thread :wink:

To be honest I'm surprised this thread is even on the first page anymore... guess that's what happens when it's the riding offseason for most folks in the northern part of the northern hemisphere.
2003 Suzuki SV1000S
1999 600cc Suzuki Bandit - SOLD

XB08
Legendary
Legendary

#34 Unread post by XB08 »

The wave. when I started riding it ment more does now. I don't wave no more, and it not because of other riders. I want to keep both hand where they sould be just in case someone in a 4 wheel has their head up there but . I save my hello's now for when I stop and I see other riders.

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#35 Unread post by mgdavis »

I try to not be a dick here very much. This rates it though, IMO. It's called common sense. If it's not safe to take your hand off the bars - DON'T. If you don't feel like waving - DON'T.

I don't get all hurt when another rider doesn't wave. I usually wave, but I don't worry that the other rider is going to burst into tears if I don't acknowledge them.

Is it really necessary to start a "movement" over waving/nodding/ignoring?

Just because of this thread I'm going to go for a long ride and flat out ignore every rider I see, because it'd be dangerous to divide my attention from my own path of travel.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject.
Molon Labe!!!