honda cb750 k3 motor

bambanice
Rookie
Rookie

honda cb750 k3 motor

#1 Unread post by bambanice »

I just got my motor running and after i let it run for a bit the exhaust coming from cylinders 1 and 2 are hot but 3 and four are not is there something i should check i know that cant be right. the way the coils are set up is one coil does 1 and 4 and other coil does 2 and three any help would b nice thanks. :frusty:

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#2 Unread post by Wrider »

Are your fuel lines to your carbs clear? I'm guessing it's a carb issue on the right side. Might want to check the balance screw in the middle that syncs the two right carbs with the two left carbs. Also check the idle screws on those.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#3 Unread post by BuzZz »

Could be a bad coil. Swap the leads from the running cylinders to the cold ones and see if the problem moves with the leads. If so, the one coil is bad.

Cleaning the carbs on any bike coming off a long dormancy is always a good idea.
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

dayll
Rookie
Rookie

CB750

#4 Unread post by dayll »

bambanice: go to the DOHC site; those guys will get you running good in no time. Lots of expertise there if you can handle the occasional sarcasm. dayll

PeterTrocewicz
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by PeterTrocewicz »

Sounds like maybe the ignition coil isn't firing. if I remember correctly, #1&2 cylinders are fired by 1 coil, and #3&4 are fired by the other. It could be just that the coil's come unplugged. Sometimes, 1 bad sparkplug can stop the other from firing.
I don't want a pickle, I just wanna ride on my motorsickle