I did it!

Gnarlyroad
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

I did it!

#1 Unread post by Gnarlyroad »

:D I had to walk away from my 650 nighthawk due to repair costs and have been looking for a similar bike for several months. Have not been able to find similar and anything I was interested in just seemed to dissappear within minutes of being put up for sale. Frustrating as h..ll. I finally started looking at both bigger and smaller size bikes and found a deal I couldn't turn down. Went and bought myself an older(77) gl1000(goldwing). A really mint shape well cared for bike. I also like it as all the mechanics of it( those parts I can work on) seem to be up front and center, and easy to get at. Really looking forward to a few season of riding on this bike. It comes with all the fairings and bags, but am thinking I might strip it down as I kinda like the more naked look of this bike. :D :D :D :D

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

:happybikeday:

waylander
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 1983 Honda CB550SC

#3 Unread post by waylander »

CONGRATS!!

Sorry to hear about your Nighthawk. My nighthawk 550sc is the current love of my life and I would just die if had to give her up, although I have had my eye on a triumph of late, LOL.
At least my bike doesn't give me dirty looks when I spy something sweet on the street (unlike my ex)

:laughing:

Have fun with her, and keep the shiny side up.

Waylander

XB08
Legendary
Legendary

#4 Unread post by XB08 »

Good luck with the wing....

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#5 Unread post by mgdavis »

Awesome. Enjoy it, those flat fours were awesome engines.

First real bike I ever rode was my dad's '77 GL1000 when I was about 14. His had the big Windjammer fairing, I always sort of wanted to make it naked. My first bike, a '79 CB750, looked just like a baby GL.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject.
Molon Labe!!!